Twenty-Three

(congrats to Taylor Kinney -who played mason lockwood- for proposing
to lady gaga on valentines day!)

S I M O N E
Kai isn't acting normal, but in all honestly, I'm not either. The very intimate moment we had has me really frustrated with him right now.

The owner of the household hasn't woken up yet, but Kai still rushed to pack her red truck full with anything we might need.

I'm already seated in the front of the red pickup, waiting for him to hurry up. My brown leather boots are placed on the dashboard. My clothes are back on my body and I'm forced to undergo the aftershocks of the massive earthquake that is Kai Parker.

My hands are shaking as I try my best to still them in the dark night. I can feel the making of a bruise on my leg, where he pulled me closer.

This makes me take a step back. In our relationship... Or whatever you'd call us. We are more aquatints than anything else. What relationship are you supposed to have with your kidnapper? I mean, I don't think I'm supposed to be this close to him.

The door slams after Kai throws something into the back seat. Another door opens the moment after to reveal a sweaty and stressed Kai getting in to the front seat. The silence is honestly the most awkward thing I've ever had to live through. He hasn't really spoken to me at all and it's so godamn annoying. I need an explanation. He can't just do things like that and not give me an explanation.

The sky is still dark, and you can clearly see the assortment of stars up in the moonlight. Kai clears his throat as an attempt to pull my attention over to him and not out the window. "Simone..." His voice cracks unexpectantly.

"What?" Do I sound pissed off? Because I am.

"Put your seatbelt on." Kai orders, not bothering to do it for himself.

"What about you?" I ask, gesturing to him as he starts the car.

"Don't start with me, kitten." He ignores my comment and begins driving, a little fast at first.

Sighing loudly, I pull the seatbelt over my stomach, somehow managing to brush against my stitched wounds under my shirt. "Fuck," I whisper under my breath unknowingly.

Kai glances over at me for a second before making his way down the driveway and along the road effortlessly. He's not the worst driver in the world, he just needs to pay more attention. My fingers pull on the hem of my shirt so I can see the small cut stitched tightly together. Kai reaches into a plastic bag he has between his feet and throws a water bottle at me. If I weren't paying attention it would have probably hit me in the face. But I catch it, and watch as he pulls of a bottle of medication. He glances at the label- while he is driving- before tossing it at me.

Nice Kai is gone. Now it's just jackass Kai.

It takes me a while to get a grip on the plastic before twisting off the cover of the aspirin. The pills inside shake as I empty a few capsules into my hand.

"Those should help with the pain." Kai cracks his neck.

"You want any?" I ask nicely, finally deciding on not letting him get to me. If he wants to be in a bad mood, fine. But that doesn't mean I have to be.

"If I wanted any aspirin, I would have taken some." He snaps, biting his lip to hold in the rest of what he wanted to say. Why is he so angry at me? What did I do?

"You're so fucking bipolar sometimes." I sigh and throw the pill bottle right back at him, somehow managing to accidentally hit him in the crotch.

"Holy-" he hisses angrily, grabbing the pill bottle and throwing it back into the plastic bag.

I can't help but feel proud of this small accomplishment, letting a smile take over my face.

"You think this is funny?" For some reason Kai is smirking.

Now we have playful Kai.

"It's fucking hilarious," I giggle.

"You have one dirty mouth, kitten." Kai shakes his head and looks back at the road. We go in the opposite direction of where we got in the accident. Kai takes off down the mostly abandon highway and watches the road signs with such curiosity that it's starting to bother me.

My mouth zips shut at his words. The awkward conversation has resurfaced. Even if he tries to joke with me. I can't. I can't just pretend nothing happened. It scares me what he thinks about me now. What does he want from me? Every time I look at him all I can do is see him shirtless and with his hands all over me and I can't. I just can't. Why is this happening to me? What I thought was just him being sociopathic and clingy isn't just that is it? Now what all this has happened I can't do anything without questioning it.

"It's a gift." I finally respond, pulling my knees to my chest. "Where are we going?" I look at the road signs, narrowing my eyes to make sure that I read the correctly.

"Well, I am not going back to Salem. We need to stay away from your father." Kai spills his plans, breathing through clenched teeth. "So where do you want to go? Florida? We could go to Disney. Cancun? Cali?"

"Home," I whisper and sigh deeply.

"Not an option."

"What about Virginia? I have a couple friends there I wouldn't mind introducing you to." Kai smirks like he is hiding something.

"You have friends?" It's quite hard to hold in your laughter when you figure out that a sociopath has actual friends.

"Well...I wouldn't call them friends. I may have tried to kill them on many occasions so it's not the smartest idea." Kai pulls out a piece of gum from his pocket and chews on it obnoxiously.

"That sounds more like it." I sit back in my seat, sighing.

"Okay. Minnesota it is." Kai says after sighing obnoxiously just to mock me.

"Why did you save me?" I ask out of the blue, peering at him.

"Just get some rest," He coos.

Without any further argument, I place my head against the window and close my eyes.

It's not too long until I am woke by voices.

"Simone Alexander was last seen leaving a motel with Malachai Parker in southeast Wisconsin. Simone has been missing for three weeks and this is the most anyone has heard of her. But we've received news about an accident that took place late last night. Malachai's getaway car was found totaled only a few miles away from the motel. There is no further news on their whereabouts." The staticky voice of the radio echoes throughout the car.

"Dammit." Kai slams his hands down on the steering wheel, jerking me awake from my sleepier state.

I groan tiredly and wipe my eyes, noticing that it is now light out. The truck is still going, and Kai looks rather tired. My eyes widen slightly as I realize he is basically hyperventilating. "What's wrong?"

"The whole United States knows what we look like. It makes hiding even harder." He looks over at me.

Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?