Seven

S I M O N E
God of corse, has no part when it comes to Kai. Clearly he was raised and created by the devil. His head pops out and shows his smile, like he hasn't done anything. His smirk shows as if he's a child opening his presents on Christmas. My palms go sweaty out of fright. My head, unfocused and confused, is foggy and can only think about running. So I start, I sprint down the road through the pebbles and rocks, sprinting away from my problems.

"Hun, this is a car." I see Kai's face come up as the car slowly glides it's way down the road with me. "You are on feet. Run all you want but soon your going to get tired."

Picking up the pace, my heart pounds faster. But Kai just catches up to me. "Is it the chasing that's fun to you?" I stop quickly and hault, staring at the blue eyed boy. His eyes go darker when I look at him, like I ignited a spark in his head.

He shrugs, sighing. "I'm not quite sure. But the kill," he shakes his head, raising one finger to point something out, "oh the kill." That makes me even more frightened to be here.

The anger inside of me is too much to just push away. Kai aggravates me too much and it almost causes me to run at him and claw his dazzling blue eyes from their sockets. Why does he have such amazing eyes? I mean, can't I have them? I'd love to dig them out of his eye sockets. Plus, I'm sure he wouldn't miss them too much.

"Cat got your tongue, kitten?" Kai smiles widely and gazes out the door.

Clenching my fists angrily, I shake one angrily in the air. Kai just smiles and watches me as I debate on removing his eyes from his head and strangle him until he falls. But I could imagine what the sociopath is thinking right now.

It takes me everything not to slap on my smartass attitude. So I continue towards my house, but Kai's rust bucket follows me every step. Finally, I've had enough. "What the hell do you want?"

"Ooh," he smiles as if he's achieved something, "I've hit something."

He did, and he knows it.

"So, Sim, I can call you that right?" Kai looks for an answer so I give him one he's not expecting.

"It's Simone. Only friends get to call me Sim." I snap.

He clutches his chest as if I'd injured him. "But I thought we were friends?" He gapes over dramatically.

"You held my father at gunpoint!" I scream, finally giving into the anger.

"I thought we were past that?" He smirks, "besides, it was a crowbar."

Deputy Adams was right. "That doesn't make a difference, Kai."

He holds out his left hand, keeping the other on the wheel. "You finally learned my name!"

Of corse I don't high five him. I don't even go near him. My heart beats faster when he talks, which is slowly driving me insane. Stop it. I scold myself. Malachai grins at my reaction and looks back at the road. That's when another car passes him.

"Enough of the chitchat. Need a ride, kitten?" The car comes to a stop all of the sudden, making my gut twist. No, no, no. No.

Say no, say no, say no. "No." My voice is icy cold.

"You're answering me as if it's a question." Kai smiles. No.

Think straight, Sim.

My head feels as if I'm on a chair that someone's spinning out of control. That someone is Kai. Round n' round. Jerking myself into focus, I shake my head. "It sounded like one."