Sixteen

S I M O N E
"Simone Alexander?" The principle asks just as Kai walks out of the office. A smirk is playing at his lips as he walks right out the door.

Turning back to the principle, I nod and get up before entering his office. He tries his best to shout for Kai to return, but the dark haired boy is long gone. My stomach twists as I step through the door and into the office. I wonder how many children died in here?

The principle- whose name I could care less about-stares at me from his seat in front of me. "Simone...I heard what happened in the hallway and..."

"Aaron started all of it!" I say before he can make out the words.

"Mason Parker attacked Aaron, correct?" The principle asks.

"Yes, but-"

"What were you doing during all of this?"

"That's not the point. What Aaron did was childish..." I point out but you can't teach someone who is unwilling to listen. "He's a bastard, he deserved it all." I accidentally say out loud.

"Aaron is my son." His eyes narrow, looking at the stack of papers on his desk.

"Well you did a hell of a job raising him." Sim, shut the hell up unless you plan on being expelled.

"You have a poor attitude, Ms. Alexander. I would expect more from the sheriff's daughter." He says icily.

There are two responses to that. One could just piss him off, the other will make him feel guilty. "Well, I'm not his daughter." I take the guilt trip and resist the urge to continue with my attitude.

"I know," he sighs unhappily and looks at me, "but he did raise you. You should still show more respect."

"Well, shouldn't the principle's son be respectful as well? Because I know pretty damn well that Dad installed security cameras. Would you like to show them to me?" There was no way he would watch them. In his eyes, his son is a saint. But just as I'm about to push the argument further, a familiar man walks through the door. It's like everything freezes. I look like a deer caught in the headlights. My face falls and I can't make words anymore.

"Sheriff." My principle shakes dad's hand and sits back down. Dad takes the seat beside me and stares at me.

"Good evening." Dad mutters, not talking to me quite yet.

"Simone, is there something you would like to tell your father?" I know the principle is just trying to tick me off.

He's not my father.

"Yeah. There is. Well," I turn to Dad and fake a smile, "his pain in the ass son," I point to the principle, "found it funny to insult me and push me against the lockers. I was just lucky that someone was there to stand up for me-"

"Woah woah woah." The principle stands and cuts me off. "My son has nothing to do with this...."

"He has everything to do with this!" I yell, standing up out of my seat to add effect.

"What happened?" Dad turns to the principle and suddenly I feel betrayed.

"She was sneaky and sent her friend on to my son and that started a fight." Nothing what he said made sense to me.

"She what? You're saying my daughter tried to beat up the quarterback?" Finally Dad takes my side.

"She hit my son, and her friend- whatever his name is- punched my boy!" You could tell the principle was starting to get opinionated. "And I, the principle, think that can't be tolerated at this school."