Fourteen

S I M O N E
I wasn't woken up, I was awakened by myself. The clock read ten.

Wait, ten? No, it couldn't be. That has to be wrong. School starts at eight.

That's when I begin to notice the color of the walls, the bed, the room in general. It's definitely not my room. The smell is different. It smells like him. And it is exactly that moment when I realize how much trouble I am in.

My head is pounding, which only means one thing. Well it could mean two things but one of them I'm not willing enough to face right now. My stomach churns when a familiar face shows itself in the doorway.

No fucking way.

That's the moment when all my fears are set in stone. What was I thinking? What do I remember from last night? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

There's no way I had sex with Kai. This just makes no sense at all.

"Morning, kitten." His smile is bright and mischievous looking. Not good.

"Why am I here?" I shout but the sudden change in volume sends my head pounding.

He grins at my pain. The little shit grins. He has a full on smile plastered across his face. "You're quite hungover..." His smile falters slightly as he continues. "You really don't remember anything?"

"N-no. What exactly did we....do last night?" There is bells ringing and alarms going off in my mind everywhere.

"Oh, I took advantage of you, brought you here, and made sweet sweet love to you on my bed." His dead serious tone sends me spinning and freaking out on a whole new level.

"What?"

"Oh, please, Kitten, do you really think I'm that bad?" The complete arrogance and idiocy in his voice sends me screaming. Part of me is relieved his is joking.

"Yes. I do, Kai. I think you're just what the papers say."

"Really, Simone? Because that's not what you were saying last night." His sudden anger sets me back a few steps. I should be angry. Hell, I should be pissed at him for everything he has done to me. I should even be terrified of him, but I'm not.

"And what exactly was that?" Standing taller, I narrow my eyes and watch him as he walks closer to me.

"It was something along the lines of blah blah blah, Kai you're misunderstood, blah blah blah." He continues to stare.

"Woah, I must have been really out of it then." Something rises in my throat that I'm forced to keep down and ignore completely. The feelings that come and go with that sentence it too much.

He scoffs and tries to ignore it but I can see it clearly. I'd hurt him.

My phone buzzes again and he trains his attention on that. "Aren't you going to get that?" His jaw clenches just signaling how upset he is about that.

After holding his gaze I quickly turn and grab my phone and study it closely.

83 New Messages.
134 Missed Calls.
37 Missed Calls from Nick.
40 Missed Calls from Dad.
6 Missed Calls from Ethan.

Scrolling through the messages I find a few that stand out.

Ethan = Hey, that sexy deputy called me and told me you were gone, where are you?

Ethan = Sim, this isn't funny, where did you go?

Nick = I'm sorry. I didn't mean to tell your dad.