Twenty-Five

*giggles mischievously*
i love how jo asked kai if he was pregnant
😏 ha bitch

S I M O N E
I wake up to the crackle of thunder. It takes me a second to collect where I am and what happened in the last twenty four hours. But one glance around the room lets me know exactly where I am.

I am still in the motel room. I can recall wanting to go to bed later yesterday after not talking or saying a word to Kai. After his comment about the innocent children's show, I was oddly afraid of him. The way he sees things is just so different from how I do. But the rest of the day we didn't speak.

My eyes landed upon the head of messy blonde hair beside me. Woah, I almost forgot. Kai takes the joy in only having one bed. In fact, even when we were offered two beds. He took the single room.

Thanks, jackass.

He breathes heavily in his sleep, muttering a few words from his dream. His features stand out with the small amount of moonlight filtering through the curtains. It's odd seeing him with this newly died hair.

The thunder continues to rumble, making me stay sitting up. Rain pounds on the windows, waking me from my half-sleep.

"Go to sleep." Kai mutters loudly over the thunder.

"I can't sleep. Why do you think I am up?" I hiss, trying to whisper but there's really no point. Kai turns on his side, inevitably scooting closer to me. "Move your ass back over to that side," I mumble.

"No," He shakes his head, "I don't wanna."

Sighing unhappily, I roll to the very other side of the bed until I am basically falling off. He just ends up scooting closer, and despite my small efforts, he just scoots his way to my side of the bed. All sanity is lost the very second I feel his arms around my waist. "Get your hands off of me. Now. Kai."

Kai hesitates a moment before pulling back. The warmth is returned with a cold empty feeling. My stomach twists in an odd way when the warmth leaves, but I am able to ignore it.

Thankfully I am able to return to my sleep the second my head hits the pillow.

It's a colder night. The stars are clouding the night over amongst white clouds. I'm in the middle of a field. But I'm not alone. I'm wearing a white dress, and I'm barefoot. The dress is way to revealing for this weather, and I don't know why the hell I'm wearing it.

But there's someone else here. Quickly, I turn, taking in the man before me. He's wearing black shoes, jeans, and shirt. His hair is dark, like it always has been. His eyes are a lighter blue than normal. But they're quite mesmerizing. He is like a whole new person. Almost like a more perfect version than Kai. His face holds actual emotions, a lot like the ones I have, or any other human.

I turn to him, watching as he walks up to me in the small field. Fog clings to the grass, making his approach more deadly than usual. There's a little amount of stubble growing on his chin. There's a small smile pulling on his lips, directing my attention to him fully.

His eyes show remorse, sadness, affection, and empathy. He is everything but dark. The only thing dark about him happens to be the clothes covering his body.

My attention is directed at him the moment he grabs my forearm and pulls my lips up to meet his. The warmth that comes with the small simple kiss shoots down my body and to my fingertips, causing me to reach out and trace along his chin before pulling his face closer. My other hand runs through his hair, gripping onto the dark locks tightly. We don't speak at all, the only communication is between my lips and his. His hands wander to my waist, and his fingers play with my dress. His lips move against mine. Skin on skin. Just the simple thought of it makes me hazy and cloudy. My thoughts are confused and all over the place just like I'd expect them to be when I kiss someone. Especially Kai.

When my eyes open, all I can see is the smirk pulling at his lips as he slowly pulls away. It's a deadly smirk. He leans in, his lips barely touching my ear, "Come out, come out wherever you are..." You can hear the sanity leave him with each word. "Come out come out from under that star." He glances up ad the night sky. His innocent words make me cringe. He knows what they do, and he knows what the song means. Yet he does it anyway. The emotions I saw earlier are gone. They have vanished completely almost out of thin air. They were never there. It's like he has had this psychopathic smile on his face all along. Like he cares about nothing. No one. Like I don't matter to him; to anyone.

I'd almost been fooled by his mask. This masquerade will no longer be held now that he has totally removed everyone from his thoughts. He's selfish. Therefore everything revolves around him. His emotions aren't any of sympathy. Because there is no world where Kai could feel something for someone else. It's not rational.

My hands become warm, and when I look down, I'm baffled at what I see. My sinless white dress isn't sinless. The dark red is spreading its way through the fabric. My hands are coated with blood. Everything is covered in blood. My eyes search Kai's for help. Any whatsoever. But his smirk hasn't changed, and neither has his posture.

"You're a killer, kitten. Stop hiding who you truly are." His voice is full of poison.

"I'm nothing like you!" I notice the smudges of red smeared across his face. But I cant stop looking at my hands. The impure color trails down my forearms, making my breath hitch.

I am a killer.

"What the actual fuck?" I'm startled awake.

I groan angrily and open my eyes. When I turn my head, I'm greeted with an empty bed. It's still quite dark out, though. The thunder is still purring wildly. It takes me only a second the recognize the motel room. Blue eyes peek over the bed. Kai. "What are you doing?"

"Well I was sleeping. But someone decided to kick me off!" He seems like a teenage girl woken up at four in the morning. I guess that's the case.

"Can't say you don't deserve it." I snap, pulling the covers back over my shoulders and trying to get warmer under them.

He crawls back on the bed, pulling the covers away from me. That's it. It is almost as if someone gave me all the energy in the world at that moment. I gripped the sheets and blanket and pulled them back to my side. However, he ended up doing the same. So we continue on like that for quite some time.

"Give me the blanket." I pout angrily- tiredly, might I add.

"Why do you deserve it?"

"Why do you?"

"Fine!" He sighs, and grabs another blanket from our feet before pulling it over himself. He exaggerates his anger, making me smile a little.

It's not too often I get to see Kai with his guard down like this. Normally his emotions are bottled up and locked safety away- hidden with such sarcasm. It was only hours ago when he made the shocking relation to my life and those of the characters on a television show. He can go from happy to sad quicker than a hormonal teen. He can go from violent to playful. Or even vise-versa. He has everything hidden under his emotions. The truth is the thing he is so desperate to hide.

There are so many question I have yet to get answers to. All of which have something to do with the fact that I'm still alive. I watched the car hit us. I watched my life slowly slip away from me. I felt the life drain form me like a light going out. It was like I was drowning. Like I was slowly loosing consciousness then all at once it was gone. I felt myself die. I died. I was so close, and I was supposed to stop living right there.

But I woke up.
I woke up and saw the blue-eyed boy. The one who was chanting insane words and had his hands on my chest like he was trying to help me. Heal me, almost. I have no idea how he did it, or what he did. But I know that what he did wasn't normal.

And I need to find answers.

We are playing the same game over and over. And this game plays by his rules. I guess we are going to have to change that.