Nineteen

(UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES I THINK YOU NEED A CHAPTER)

S I M O N E
"Holy fuck is that...chicken nuggets?"

The ecstatic boy pulls the window open and walks over to the plate I have sitting upon my desk. There's a slight outline in his sweatshirt that is distinct and only could be classified as a gun. He's here to kill me. If looks could kill, Kai would be dead already. But sadly, they can't. The knots in my stomach are trying to undo themselves but that's entirely impossible. His dark blue eyes seek mine, but I don't give him the satisfaction of being able to see my fear. He quietly walks over to my desk, eating my food.

I don't move from my bed. Part of me thinks he is still just a figment of my imagination, and at any moment he will disappear into thin air. After repeatedly closing my eyes and opening them, I soon realize that Kai isn't going anywhere.

"What's on your mind, kitten?" Kai finishes chewing and makes his way over to me.

I close my eyes, wincing slightly as I watch him.

"You think I'm going to kill you?" He asks, making his way towards me.

"You're so god damn bipolar I'm not sure anymore." I say blandly and wait for his reaction. When there isn't one, I keep going. "I didn't tell them. I-"

"Yeah, yeah. I highly doubt that princess. You must have told them something..." He narrows his eyes.

"Well, it's your word against mine. See you in court," I rush out the sarcasm quickly.

Kai reaches into his pocket and pulls out a blade, staring at it in his hands. My gut twists into many different shapes. "I wouldn't sass me right now, kitten." Kai warns forcefully.

My mouth snaps shut at the sudden warning.

"I never understood sentimental attachments to things. Because it's so upsetting when you lose them." He seems like he has given this speech plenty of times before. His voice curves slightly, and it's very dark. "I'm not supposed to get attached to things..."

I gulp, watching as Kai clenches and unclenches his fists repeatedly. My heart stops when he does, gripping the handle more tight.

"And yet..." He shakes his head when he looks right at me.

What the hell does that mean?

Clearly he didn't mean to say it out loud.

M A L A C H A I
Why do I feel like this? I've gone through life not feeling shit, and now...her. It's starting to piss me off. Maybe there's magic involved. Maybe dad is doing this because there is no way that I am feeling anything. I haven't killed in so long, and I really need to. She makes me weak.

Joey, my brother, made me feel weak every single time we played football. There is not fucking way that I'm going to let Sim weaken me. But I sure felt good when I took his life away. Maybe I'll feel that way when I kill Sim. Will the attachments disappear? Whatever this is, I need it to stop.

My nails dig into the wood in the dagger. Simone stares at me, her face stricken with fear. It almost makes me want to stop. Almost. But they don't call me dramatic for nothing. "You know what? Plan B..."

S I M O N E
There's no words to describe the fear pushing at the back of my brain. Kai throws an angry fists about in the air.

"Plan B? What the hell is Plan B, Kai?" I basically yell.

"Run." Kai says simply before drawing his arm back and ramming it towards me. Then everything goes black.

✦ ✦ ✦

When I come to, I can feel the nausea slowly taking me by storm. The aching in my stomach masks the pain in the back of my head. My neck cracks when the light awakes me. Pictures are moving past me at a great speed. But they aren't pictures.

Trees pass by, making me turn to look at the surroundings. My chest is strapped down tightly to the bed, causing me to breathe louder and panic about in the small leather seat. Correction, pleather seat. I don't look forward to looking to my left. Because I know exactly who is there. My eyes take across the pale dashboard and I panic immediately. The car is driving fast, at a remarkable speed. The light is blinding and makes me cover my eyes. My heart speeds up almost five hundred times than it's supposed to.

"Finally!" A familiar voice whispers as my eyes drop on the figure in the next seat who is desperately clutching the steering wheel. "You were drooling on the seat."

I look over and sit up quickly, my eyes falling on the blue eyed maniac. "Where the hell am I?"

"Oh. Somewhere on the corner of happy and healthy." He taps his fingers to the music playing obnoxiously from the stereo.

"Where the fuck am I?" I'm screaming now, tears falling down my cheeks. I'm flailing about in the car as I rip the seatbelt off. The car begins to slow and I'm out the door in seconds.

"Calm down, kitten." Kai slams his door shut and follows me into the woods. I frown at the crinkle of leaves and pine needles under my feet.

"Where am I?!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"Wisconsin." Kai looks at me, with an expressionless face.

No. "Wisconsin?"

"Yeah. Since we're here...I wouldn't mind some cheese curds. How about you?" His bright smile makes me lightheaded. I fall into the leaves, sobbing loudly.

I rather be dead.