Twenty-Nine

(beautiful cover attached made by jims241 :)

S I M O N E
You know how when you do something bad and it feels great, up until the moment reality hits you?

This is one of those moments.

Kai's hands cling to my waist like I'm somehow tying him to earth.

It's almost one of those moments where you lose all sanity, and just give up.

My lips are pressed firmly against his, and they're responding. He kisses me back with hunger, and a soft kiss is almost impossible. There's no telling if I'll break. Part of me wants to attack his lips, and I don't know why. I have had my suspicions of Kai. It was obvious he felt something for me. But it was never as clear as it is now. It all just adds up. The way he doesn't hurt me, ever.

Kai's hands wander, making me feel self conscious. His hands rub small circles on my hips as he drags out the kiss. It takes everything to push all the negative thoughts away. The kiss isn't sloppy, it's damn near perfect. That's the problem. That and the fact that I'm not pulling away anytime soon.

I've never believed in 'sparks' or whatever. But this feels damn near it. Sure, I've never kissed anyone like this to know what it feels like, but this feels good.

At some point Kai pulls back slightly to nibble at my bottom lip, and continue kissing. His right hand makes its way to my cheek, and he cups it. Something comes over me. Adrenaline, love, even hate, but whatever it is makes me pull him closer by his waist. "Hmph," he mumbles at my roughness.

My heart is pounding inside my chest, to the point where I can hear it in my ears. Kai's fingers are slowly pressing into my hips, causing me to almost moan.

Huge gusts of wind circle around in the meadow, making my hair fly. There's no explanation for it other than the boy before me.

Before I can back away, Kai's mouth is on my neck; slowly kissing across my collar bone. The foreign feeling spreads pleasure through my neck. There's nothing I can do to stop the moan slipping from my mouth. For someone like me, an inexperienced nineteen year old, this is heaven. I'm so dragged up in the moment that I can't focus. I can't steady myself. No one exists in the world beside me and him.

But then there's that moment. The moment where you have to wake up and smell he roses.

I'm kissing Kai Parker.

The psychopathic maniac who ruined my life, and destroyed others.

Pulling away, I practically stumble and almost fall. Kai'd arms extend to steady me. "Simone?" His gentle voice seems alert, watching for a reaction.

"I need to go. I need to go home." I'm rambling, only because it's quite obvious that I can't go home.

"Kitten. Don't leave me." He's begging like I actually have a choice.

"I just-I just want to go back to the motel." I say, rubbing my head a little.

Kai sighs, nodding. He just walks back over to our part of the meadow and picks everything up wordlessly.

Holy shit, he's whipped.

I've never noticed it before. He agrees to everything I say. Without questioning it. He heads back to the red truck and gets up front, in the seat beside mine.

Kai is silent, and it's starting to bother me. What does this mean? He kissed me. Kai Parker kissed me.

The second the car is started, I huddle in the corner against the window. "Simone," Kai murmurs.