Thirty-Eight

(im sorry it's been two weeks. my dads gone now, idk, and my stepfamily makes me mad. life's fucked up. things are shitty. but here comes some plot twists and it might be confusing. yay. oh and i have a new username.)

S I M O N E
The school bell rings, causing me to grab my things and stuff them into my backpack. I haven't gotten any calmer since lunch. If anything I've let the anger build up even more. Hours soon hours of sitting in the same exact spot and listening to idiotic teachers trying to teach us things we already know. It's angering. The ticking of the clock just rings over and over inside my head. But the blaring bell, that's enough to get me rising out of my seat and heading out the door.

Ethan, Avalon, and Nakota are nowhere to be seen in the parking lot. Shocker. I swear, if I scolded any one of them, I'm sure they'd drop dead out of fright. I don't know why they were so quick to become friends with me. I suppose new kids are always trying to pick up the loners.

An endless swarm of students passed through the front doors. Each and every single one of them have every intention of going home, no matter which transportation.

My feet start heading in the direction of the buses before a certain boy catches my attention. One I've just been dying to see. After all, I could really get some anger out right now. In a mood like this I could do a lot of damage.

"Hey, Aaron." I walk towards his car, a sadistic smirk playing on my lips. His head jerks upward the moment he hears my voice. Immediately he stops moving. He drops his backpack in the car and shuts the door.

Almost all color drains from his face. It feels like I could almost just give him a little shove and he'd fall over backwards.

"S-Simone. Come back for more?" His voice is unsure, but his fists clench out of utter stupidity. Judging by his tone, he really didn't mean to use those words. His ego just seems to be getting in the way.

"Yeah, I'd love to hear your opinion on my family, Aaron." My arms quickly crossed over my chest as I stood in front of his car.

"I-I have no problem with them." He starts. Lies.

"Really? Because you seemed to have a lot to say earlier in the hallway." My own nails began to poke into my palm, even my knuckles were white. The teenage boy standing before me is the reason for my anger. It's not terribly hard to imagine stabbing him, or making him bleed out.

Stop it, Sim. I scolded myself. After all, people shouldn't have such violent thoughts like this. It's not natural. Violent thoughts shouldn't be this common.

He deserves it. Another voice talks over the other. This time it isn't my voice, it's much darker. The deep sound belongs to no one other than Kai. But he isn't here in this parking lot, he's six feet under in the closest cemetery. Even admitting that makes my heart break again, cracking a little at the remembrance of the freedom I once had.

Aaron gulps, staring past me to make sure there's witnesses. If only he knew I really didn't care about witnesses.

"How's the football team, Aaron?" I raise an eyebrow, enjoying how vulnerable he was. It was like watching a lion being caged. "Oh, that's right. You got kicked."

"You bitch." He hissed, his arms straightening at his sides.

"Its alright, you've always got college, am I right?" I snicker, "but you have been slacking..."

"How would you know? You were too busy ignoring humanity to come to any games. Or did Sheriff lock you up? It's too bad that your only friend was the deputy. I mean, we were so close." He drags out the words. Slowly I lose my grip on him. Slowly he starts to take control.