One year

This first case that the team is gonna go on is from another story I read intelligence & issues by QuickCharade it's so good and i wanted to put my own spin on it.

Today was the day that marks one year since you've been on the team. One Birthday. One Christmas. One thanksgiving. And all the other holidays in between. It felt more than a year since you blessed the team with your genius.

You were the second youngest member to have ever joined the FBI let alone the BAU. You and Reid often had a debate about who was smarter.

Your IQ was at 192 compared to his 187. Yet he could read 500 more words a minute. Among the same amount of PhDs you and eidetic memories, you both called it a tie. The team was thankful for that. They were tired of having you both go on and on one topic seeing who knew more.

But this day was special to you. You were able to handle the most gruesome cases and still came in the next day. Everyone says the first year is always the hardest. Some people weren't cut out for the FBI but you knew you could handle it.

If people only looked at your file they won't think you could do it either. A girl from a small town. Graduate college when she was 18.

You certainly had a wide range of knowledge that could accommodate everyone on the team. You could talk to Reid about practically anything and not have to take a breath.

Morgan and Rossi with sports, but unlike Reid you knew what they were talking about.

You've had lengthy conversations with Penelope about how she came up with the software for her computer system.

JJ with the way the media may react to updates about cases.

You talked to Emily about all the different places she's been. You haven't been there but you've read so much about them it felt like you have.

That all left Hotch. He was difficult unlike the rest of the team. He was more closed off. He was hard to read. You did have your times when you got through to him. But you were 99% sure he only saw you as the new girl. Half his age. Bubbly.

However, being new to the team didn't stop you from thinking about your boss more than half the time. Even though he was harder to read than everyone else you guys were closer than you'd like to admit. No one notices it, well to your knowledge. You and Hotch had run into each other at a coffee shop that was a block from your house and surprisingly close to his. Whenever you saw each other there you would take a minute to talk to each other. You could see he was slightly uncomfortable with the interaction but never stopped them.

You were pretty sure that no one knew was your one year and that was ok. But when you walked up to your desk you saw a small Bouquet and a sticky note that read: Congrats on dealing with us for a whole year -Derek.

You smile and turn to Derek who had been watching you since you walked in.

"Thank you." You said and hugged him before putting your bag down.

"Anytime girl wonder." Ah, the nickname. The nickname was the least favorite part of the job. There were so many other things he could call you. But since you and Reid argued the true meaning of documentaries you guys had watched, that had become your nickname.

You pushed the flowers to the corner of your desk. You got up to get some coffee because you needed a minute to soak in the view. Everything looked new and shiny again, like your first day. Before you had a chance to think back to your first day Hotch's voice boomed through the bullpen.

"We got a case." He announced and walked to Rossi's office. You finished fixing your coffee and head to the briefing room. You were the first one in. You saw Penelope standing by the TV remote already in hand.