Skype call

It's been almost 3 months since Aaron left and nothing felt right. Whenever you got home it was quiet.

The amount of work you've been doing is insane. You've been pulling 12-13 hour shifts for a couple of weeks. You would go home more tired than the previous day. Today was one of those days.

When you finally got in your car you could feel the ache in your feet start. You debated if you should take your shoes off or not. Before you could decide against it your phone was ringing.

Skype call from Aaron.

You accepted the call as you pulled out of the parking garage. You were met with his face. He had started to grow a beard and you weren't against it.

"Hi." You smiled and placed your phone on the dashboard.

"Hi. Where are you?" He couldn't see you only from the street lights.

"In the car, I'm going home." You lifted your hand to the clip that was in your hair. You unclipped it and threw it in the direction of your purse.

"Isn't it 10 o'clock over there?" He asked. The time zone thing caused a lot of headaches but you both made it work.

"9:47." You corrected.

"And you're just going home now?"

"Yeah, JJ isn't supposed to come back for another couple of weeks, so we're down 3 agents." You rested your arm on the middle console.

"What about the full-ins?"

"The full-ins are interns that have only been with the bureau for a week and don't know where the filing room is." He laughed at your annoyance.

"Weren't you an intern?" He asked.

"Yeah but I'm me so I don't think that counts."

His face was clear on your phone. It was hard to see his dimples from the growing beard. You missed poking them whenever he smiled.

"I miss you." You said softly, you didn't even think he could hear you.

"I miss you too. We're trying to get things turned around fast but they had nothing when I got here."

"I know." You said. From the corner of your eye, you could see his eyebrows were together.

"We get consistent updates about open tasks forces to make sure our resources are in the right places." You explained and he nodded along.

"For example, I know that right now you're supposed to be reorganized officers, but you're talking to me instead." You stopped at a red light and looked to your phone just in time to see him holding up a clipboard.

"I finished and I called you cause I haven't talked to you for 3 days." He defended.

It had been a long 3 days since you guys had talked. Even when he did call it couldn't last for long. You knew that he had major work to do and so did you. But you missed just hearing his voice.

The longest you went without talking was close to 2 weeks. It may not seem like a long time, but going from seeing each other every day to not talking for two weeks was driving you crazy.

The two of you had been together for the last week he had. Which made it harder to watch him leave.

But knowing that he was there- even though it may be on the phone- made you feel better.