Training Day

A/N: Ok I have run out of ideas for this story so there will be 2 more chapters after this one. This chapter is set in January and so will the next one. But the last chapter will be set In December. Big time skip I know it'll be good... I hope.
~~~~~

It's safe to say that since you were in the hospital for over a month and you've been laying around your house for 3 weeks you were out of shape. Derek had taken every chance to say that you two were gonna start training the second you could. And today was that day. You got the all-clear to start training again as long as you didn't go too hard.

Saturday 10:00am

He wouldn't let you forget it. Not a day went by where you didn't complain about it. On the upside, you were able to convince him to get there at 10 and not 7.

But today was the day your lungs would collapse. Derek loves running, especially when it comes to run with someone else.

He had picked you up and made sure you didn't panic the whole car ride.

When you finally pulled up to where you assumed was Derek's gym. He ushered you to the indoor track. At least he was nice enough to not let your freeze. It was at least 30 degrees outside, not as much snow as last year but it was still there.

You dropped your bag on the floor and started stretching cause cramps were a bitch. Derek has walked away for some reason. Your phone rang when you were stretching out your legs.

"How's the zoo." You said. Jack had been begging to go to the zoo for a while now. Aaron tried to tell him that they'll go when it gets warmer but he wouldn't let up.

"Fine, Jack asked me where all the non-zoo birds are, I tried to explain it to him but he wanted to hear it from you." He explained. There was a big smile across your face. You fixed your posture as he passed the phone to his son.

"Y/N?" His little voice came through.

"Yes?"

"My daddy said that all the birds are in the south, is that true?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's too cold for them here. Even their feathers can't keep them warm." You explained it in the simplest way.

"Are they gonna come back?" He sounded disappointed.

"Yeah, when it gets close to summertime." You stood up and continued to stretch out your legs.

"You promise?" He asked. His voice was soft like he was afraid you weren't going to promise him.

"I promise buddy, we can even go back to see them when you want."

"Really?" You could hear the smile on his face.

"I'm sure we can both convince your dad." You heard his giggle and then a deeper voice came through.

"What did you tell him?" Aaron asked.

"Nothing." You smiled.

"Mkay," He hummed. "Well have fun training."

"I will try, I love you."

"I love you too." He said and hung up.

Throwing your phone back in your bag you see Derek walking over with a large water bottle.

"You gonna sweat your ass off in that hoodie." He said.

When the two of you went on runs you would wear a sports bra and leggings so you didn't suffocate. Now that there was a scar running down the side of your stomach you didn't feel like wearing little clothing.