Undercover

It had been almost a month since Emily's funeral.

While briefing there was always one chair next to you that was left open. But things were starting to get back to normal.

Looking forward to things was the only thing that kept you going. You and Aaron's anniversary was in a few months. Christmas and New Year's were getting closer.

But it was that time of the year where everyone had to test for their gun qualification. You had been sitting in some room that was in the basement of the building for hours. Watching people come up and shoot at a piece of paper. Naming various limbs was starting to get annoying.

You had already passed the other members of the other teams you oversee. You walked back into the little office and called Aaron's office line.

"Hotchner." He answered.

"Can you bring your sweet self, and the rest of the profilers down here." You smiled

"Yes, ma'am." He said and hung up. You made your way to the hallway. You sat in the open chairs that were lined up against the wall. Flipping through papers and checking old scores you saw Emily still had her sheet. You took it out from between the other papers and walked it over to the trash can.

"Have been down here in a while," JJ said.

"Yeah, it gets dusty." You said and looked around the hall. You gestured for everyone to take a seat.

"You all know how this goes. I'll tell you to unholster your gun and tell you what to shoot. You pass, you walk away with a gun, you don't pass, you come back in a week." Everyone nodded along. You gestured for JJ to follow you into the room.

You watched as she put on the glasses and earmuffs. She was waiting for you to speak and soon you did.

"Left-arm." You shouted and soon heard a loud gunshot.

You should be used to this by now cause you've been doing this all day.

After she finishes you give her your score and ask her to bring in Derek. He repeats the whole process and he passes too.

You had been training Spencer for a while because he wasn't the best shot. He had been doing better, just enough to pass.

"You did well." You said and took off the earmuffs.

"What did I get?" He asked and walked over to you.

"All you need to know is you did well."

"You tend to sugar coat things, so just give me a number." He looks over to your clipboard. You hold it against your body.

"78." He lets out a deep breath. "You were off some times, and when I said lower stomach you shot his junk, and I don't remember teaching you that."

"I think it's the only thing I've failed at." He hung his head.

"You didn't fail-"

"But I barely passed."

"You don't need to retake it, look at it like that."

He sighed and nodded his head. Putting a hand on his shoulder you walked him back to the hall. You watched as he walked to the elevator.

Once he was out of your eye line your eye fell to Aaron who was the only person left.

"Come on." You said and he followed you in. He had a devilish smirk on his face.