One more kiss

After 4 months away from the team you finally returned officially, Dr. y/n l/y. You hadn't told anyone that you were returning mostly because you didn't know when you were going to finish. You parked your car and saw everyone was there. Walking in you were met with many familiar faces. After getting off the elevator you could see right through the glass doors, Derek and Reid were at their desks and you could see Hotch in his office, Rossi was nowhere to be found. You push through the doors and Derek glanced up and smiled.

"Welcome back," Derek said and hugged you.

"Thanks." You put your stuff down at your desk. Spencer hadn't yet taken his eyes off the book he was reading. You walk over and started reading over his shoulder. You were almost done with the page but he turned it.

"Hey, I wasn't done." You said and pouted. He turned around and his smile grew.

"Well, you have to work on your stamina."

"I'll be sure to do that." You walk back over to your desk and grabbed some papers that stated that you finished school. The blinds to Hotch's office were slightly closed but you could see that he was on there. You knock on the door and heard a muffled 'come in.'

"Hi." You smile more than you should've. You look and see that Rossi was sitting in the chair across from his desk. He got up and gave you one of the best hugs you've had in a while. He announced that he was going to give you guys a minute to get everything situated.

"Welcome back." He hadn't looked you in the eyes yet.

"It's nice to be back." There were no words. "I have these papers just stating that I have my doctorate and it's not just a piece of paper that has my name on it." You place the papers on his desk. Still nothing. "Is anyone in there?" You asked trying to find his eyes. He was looked at the paper he had yet to write anything on.

"What's going on? What could I have done I just got back?" You kept questioning.

"I'm sorry." He said. Still not looking up.

"For?"

"Everything that happened in Connecticut." You knew exactly was he was referring to, but you acted like you didn't.

"It's fine, everything was gonna come up eventually right?" You shrugged.

"I guess so." He said. He took the paper that had been sitting on his desk. He examined it and tucked it away in some random file. There was nothing else to say so you stood and walked back to your desk. You were greeted by more hugs from Emily and JJ. The files on your desk hadn't piled up as high as you thought they were. You slowly chipped away at the stack, but your mind wasn't there.

Did he forget? Did he forget he had you pinned to your counter? It makes sense that he hadn't told anyone. But not to mention...

"OH MY GOD!" You were startled at Penelope's high pitch screech. She started running towards you. Well as fast as someone can go in 5-inch heels. You stood up just in time for her to hug you.

"Oh, it feels like it's been an eternity since I've last seen you."

"I wasn't gone for that long." You said.

"You were gone for 4 months." She said and pulled out of the hug.

"That's not that long." You pointed out.

"Too long."

"Never again I promise." You smiled.

All the girls went out for lunch to talk about what's been happening since you were gone.