Finally

It's been about 2 weeks since you've been back at work, and about a week since everyone stops watching you like a hawk. Emily had been tiptoeing around you ever since you stepped foot in the office.

"Hey Em." You roll your chair over to her desk.

"Yeah?" She turns her head to look at you.

"Let's have lunch." It wasn't a question. You could tell she was iffy about it. "Emily the last time we were out together I almost died. I need you to know that I'm ok, for our friendship and this team's sake."

"Ok." You smiled and rolled back to your desk to grab your purse. When the two of you got in the car you guys decided that pizza sounded like a good choice. You guys made small talk about the team and the crazy amount of work you guys have been getting. She hasn't been able to ask you questions about you and Hotch yet, and you could tell deep down she wanted to know. You find a suitable table for the both of you. You look up from your food and see a deep grin on her face.

"Ask." You gave her permission.

"So it's been going on for 5 months?" She had no hesitation.

"It just hit 6 last week." You confirm.

"So you guys are really like serious."

"Yeah, I don't just say 'I love you' to everyone." You pointed out.

"No I know that, but are you guys moving in?"

"Not officially, but half of his and Jack's stuff is at my apartment. Plus he does have a key." Her eyes widened.

"He does!?"

"Yeah, cause he'll go to pick up Jack or go and get food and I'll be too lazy to open the door, but most of the time I am sleeping."

"Y/N, that's a big thing." She said it like you didn't know.

"Yeah, I know." You took a bite of your pizza.

"So...." She extended the word longer than she should've. You knew what was coming.

"So what?" You rolled your eye waiting for her to finish.

"So. how the sex?" She was a little too eager. You hesitate before answering.

"I don't know." You said softly.

"What do you mean you don't know? Can't Hotch..." Her words lingered not know how to finish the question.

"I'm sure he can." You defend him. "We just haven't done anything." You finished.

"Why not, it's been 6 months." She said it like it's been common knowledge for a while.

"I know, it's just whenever things are getting hot and heavy... we're in his office on the couch, Jack in the other room and we don't wanna risk him waking up, or we're in some random hotel in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma. It just never seems right."

"Well, it's never the right time to do anything." She had a point.

"It may sound childish, but I want it to be perfect."

"It's not your first time is it?" You almost choked on your pizza.

"No!"

"This may be a dumb question but, why does it have to be perfect?"

"Cause I have a feeling deep down saying this could be something amazing, Emily I don't get those often. When I do... I'm almost always right. I don't wanna fuck it up." The use of her same and some profanity told her that you were being serious. You both stare at your food before she breaks the silence.