Snow Day

"If we had a snow day"

"Wake up!" Jack yelled as he jumped on you and Aaron on the bed.

"What happened hon?" You opened your eyes to see the big smile on his face.

"All the snow, there's so much!" He exclaimed. Rubbing your eyes you sat up.

With all the yelling and jumping Aaron still hadn't woken up. You grab a hold on his shoulder and shake him. He groaned and turned his head.

"Dad, can we go make snow angels?" He asked his father.

"Of course we can, go put on your jacket." He said. Jack wasted no time, he jumped off the bed and ran back to his room. "Looks like we got that snow day." Aaron said and kissed you before getting out of the bed.

Still sitting in the bed you smiled to yourself. You were gonna go outside to make snow angels with your Aaron and Jack. There wasn't anything else you could ask for. Well maybe some coffee because it was 8:30.

From where you were sitting you could see Jack putting on his snow boots. When he got them on he ran over cause he needed help zipping up his jacket. His gloves were too thick for him to do. You swung your legs to the side of the bed and helped up zip it.

He walked over to his dad watching him brush his teeth. He kid jumped on his feet while waiting. When he finally finished. He threw on some joggers and put his jacket on.

"You coming?" He asked before walking out of his room.

"Yeah." You got out of bed and went into the bathroom. When you were brushing your teeth you heard the front door close.

While swishing mouthwash around you fixed your hair. When you were finished you threw your jacket and boots on. While putting your gloves on you opened the door. Right before you stepped out of the house you threw on a scarf for good measure.

Before you had the chance to comment on the amount of snow. There was a snowball thrown at you. You look out to see Aaron making snowballs and handing them to Jack. You were quick to bend down and grab a hand full of snow. You pressed it together and wasted no time throwing straight to Aarons chest. You could hear Jacks laugh.

He quickly left his dad's side and ran over to you. You bent down to grab some more snow, pressing it together you handed it to Jack and he threw it at his dad's legs. Aaron stumbled back like it hit him hard. It was just a matter of time till Aaron started throwing snowballs at the two of you. Jack used you as a shield.

He started getting tired from bending down. Jack popped his head out from behind you. When he realized had stopped throwing them, he jumped into the snow. He started moving his arms and legs creating a snow angel. With no hesitation you plopped down next to him and started moving your arms and legs. Your limbs started to feel numb. You struggled to get up from the snow. That when you saw a hand appear above you. You took his hand and he helped you on where you assumed the sidewalk was. He held you tight so you wouldn't fall back down. You had no idea how his hands weren't cold.

"How are you not cold?" You asked. Taking off your gloves to see that his cheeks were still warm.

"I'm warm blooded." He shrugged.

"All humans are warm blooded." You said matter-of-factly. When you turned back to face Jack he showed no sign of leaving the snow. These were the moments you lived for. The small things are what made you smile.

"So what else would you like to do on our magical snow day?" He asked and wrapped his arms around your front.

"Umm," You thought about what else could make this day even more perfect. "We'll definitely have hot chocolate because you can't go wrong with hot chocolate. A movie."