A little too close

"Do you mind if we stay with you guys?" Hotch asked your mom.

"Of course come right in." You moved for your team to walk into your childhood home. You looked around as they all plopped down on the couch.

"Where's Rossi?" You asked.

"He had a family thing, had to go back home," JJ said and took her hair out of her ponytail. You nodded and walked back to the kitchen. You saw Hotch talking with your mother.

"Thank you again for letting us stay."

"Oh don't be silly." Your mom said and put her hand on his arm. It was weird seeing the two interact. Your two worlds were colliding.

"I'll go get the air mattress." You turned to the basement door feeling both their eyes on you. The basement was pitch black and your mother hadn't changed the light bulb. You pull out your phone and start searching for the mattress. The basement was a mess of old boxes full of who knows what scared everywhere. You look up at the self in front of you. The box read camping stuff. If it wasn't in there you were shit outta luck. You started to climb the plastic shelf cause there was nothing else to stand on. You made it to the top and tried to grab the box but you felt someone's hand on your sides pulling you down.

"What the hell are you doing?" Hotch said and pulled you down.

"Getting the box what does it look like." You raised your eyebrows.

"You could've fallen and no one would've been here to help." Hotch started to grab the box.

"You guys are right upstairs you would've heard me fall."

"Well everyone's a bit distracted so probably not." You give him a confused look.

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, your mother pulled out photo albums." He said and placed the box on the ground.

"Of course she did." You bent down to look through the box.

"You were a cute baby for what it's worth." The side of his mouth was pulled up.

"Thanks." You through one mattress on the floor and looked for the other among the other boxes. You sigh and turn around a little too fast. You bump into Hotch. You placed your hand on his chest. The smell of his cologne lingered. He wasn't wearing a tie. He wasn't as fit as Derek was but you didn't care. You felt his hand wrap around your waist. Your hand moved up his neck. You let out a slow breath you didn't know you had been holding. Your face was only a few inches away. You could feel his breath he was so close. Your thumb brushed across his jawline.

"You guys ok down there!?" Your mom yelled down the stairs. Neither one of you guys moved. You looked up. His pupils were so dilated his eyes looked black.

"Hello?" She called out again.

"Yeah we're good, I just can't find the other mattress." You said still looking in his eyes.

"I think it's up here." She said. You heard her footsteps fade away. You pulled your hand back but Hotch hasn't moved.

"We have to go back upstairs." You placed your hand on his not wanting to move it yet.

"I know." His hand moved further down until there wasn't anymore contact. You took a moment to compose yourself before moving to grab the mattress. You walked up the stairs. The rest of the team was left on the couch flipping through the pictures.

"I told you it was up here." Your mom said and put the mattress next to the other one.

"Y/N. You were so cute when you were a baby. What happened?" Morgan asked. You punched his arm.