Hunted

Even though you were extremely tired it still took you hours to be able to fall asleep. You fell asleep clutching one of your pillows. But it's not like you were gonna get much sleep anyway. When you woke up the sound of your alarm was blazing in your ear.

You were lucky it even sounded because you forgot to charge your phone. 11%.

It's gonna be a long day.

You lifted yourself out of your bed and into the bathroom. The warm water ran down your skin and through your hair. You stood under the showerhead. You breathed slowly preparing for the day ahead of you.

Wrapping yourself in a towel you find your phone that you had plugged in. There were no frantic messages so that was a good thing. All murderers have decided to take a break. In Penelope's words "maybe they went to therapy".

You didn't leave your apartment till you had to. You weren't going to mess up your somewhat perfect attendance because of a fight. You had thought about taking the day off, but there was a lot of work to do.

Pulling into the parking lot, you debated if you should wait out the 15 minutes you had till having to be at your desk.

I don't have to talk to him today. I don't even have to see him. What if he keeps his blinds open? Shit, what if there's a case? Uh, whatever. 

You grabbed your to-go coffee cup and bag and headed inside. You felt the bottom of your trench coat move up with the wind. Walking up to the door you adjusted your bag so you could open the door. Before you could pull it open there was someone that opened it.

Following the hand, you were met with Derek. He normally was already sitting at his desk with his second cup of coffee at this point. But you didn't question him, just thanked him and walked inside.

On the way up you kept shifting your weight on your feet. Visibly uncomfortable, even you noticed it. He knew better than to ask what was wrong. He was scared he might get yelled at, and it was too early for that.

The ding from the elevator caused your shoulders to drop in relief. You took a giant step when getting off the elevator but you didn't get far. Penelope was waiting but the glass doors.

"There you guys are, grab your go-bags." She said once she was in earshot.

"What's going on?" Derek asked.

"You haven't seen the news?" She asked back. You both shook your head. She waved you both to follow her into the bullpen. Your attention was drawn to the tv that was playing the news.

"Just after 8 this morning, 40- year- old Darrin Call, a lifelong resident of Louisville, assaulted customers at the pharmacy on the corner of main and Truxton avenues. Eyewitnesses saw him walking east on main street minutes after the attack.." The report spoke as a picture of the unsub popped up on the screen.

"You're going to Louisville," Penelope said, bringing your attention back to her. Your eyes glanced up to Aaron's office and the lights were still off. As if she knew what you were looking for Penelope asked. "Do you know where Hotch is? Cause Rossi can't get a hold of him."

You shocked your head. You two haven't talked since he left your apartment the night prior.

"Is he spending the day with Jack?" Derek asked you.

"No, Jacks with his aunt visiting some of their family downstate. They aren't coming back till after thanksgiving." You said not making eye contact with either agent. There wasn't much else to say so tightened the grip on your bag and walked back to the elevator.