Minimal loss

The sunlight comes through tens blinks and hits your eyes. You turn over in your bed not wanting to wake up just yet. You look for your phone and see a sticky note on it.

You fell to sleep in the middle of the movie and you looked too peaceful to wake so I took you to bed. I had a great time tonight. Call me when you wake up.

-A.Hotchner

You remove the sticky note and open your phone to dial Hotch's number. The phone rings for a minute before he answers.

"Hotchner." He answered.

"I'm am so sorry for falling asleep." Was the first thing you said. You could hear the smile in his voice.

"It's ok."

"You should've woken me."

"Well, I didn't you needed your sleep."

"I get to sleep." He was silent. Even though he was on the phone he could still tell when you were lying. "Ok I don't, but what do you expect with this job."

"That's why I didn't wake you." You accepted the answer and fell silent. "So do you have any plans for today?"He continues the conversation.

"Yes I am going to go have late lunch with Emily, but I don't know what we're gonna do after. What are your plans?" You stepped out of bed.

"Work."

"Oh come on. It's like 10'oclock." You walked to your kitchen.

"I'm aware of the time."

"Why don't you go hang out with Rossi?" You asked.

"He's downstate for the weekend."

"Oooh, he got a new lady friend?" You loved knowing when Rossi had a new lady cause you always teased him about it.

"I don't know."

"Yes, you do."

"I do but I'm not going to tell you."

"Aww, why not?" He could sense the puppy dog eye through the phone.

"Because I don't even want to know."

"Well you already do, so tell me. Please." You slightly begged.

"No."

"Mh fine." You two sat in comfortable silence for a minute before you said something.

"So since your not doing anything-"

"I'm working." He cut you off.

"Since your not doing anything." You repeated yourself. "And I don't have to meet up with Emily till later, do you wanna go get some coffee?"

"That sounds good."

~~~~~

It had now been a few of months since you and Aaron's first date. You guys had had many nights on your couch watching movies and eating bowl after bowl of popcorn. Jack had even joined you guys sometimes. Whenever he was there you guys would watch a Disney movie and you weren't complaining. Jack would stay in the guest room that was down the hall from yours.

The first time Aaron had slept over at your house was after a long case. His excuse for staying with you was he didn't want to drive all the way home, when he only lived a few minutes away. You didn't protest at the idea.