fourteen

"Sam! Be careful, oh my god." I peeked through my fingers. I, being the idiot I am, let Sam drive my car. I was super protective over it as it's my first. We were on our way to the Santa Monica Pier; living near Hollywood had its many perks. (a/n: let's pretend there's a huntington high around the hollywood area lmao)

"You're going to fucking kill us, I swear!" I shrieked as he swerved into another lane. He manically laughed, teasing me by almost swerving into an occupied lane.

"Then we'll die in each other's arms," He winked. My mouth fell open in surprise and I didn't hesitate to slap his arm multiple times.

"Okay, okay! Sorry, Lil." He laughed.

I playfully rolled my eyes, tucking my legs under my arms.

"What do you even have planned today, Wilkinson?" I rose an eyebrow.

He glanced at me and smirked, his focus returning on the road in seconds. "You'll see, babe. It's a surprise."

I scoffed, "Just tell me! I'm impatient, you know that."

"That's why I decided to make this a surprise," He chuckled. I rolled my eyes, whining.

Sam chuckled and pulled into a parking spot, tossing me my keys once we hopped out. He interlocked his fingers with mine, stuffing his free hand in his front pants pocket. He swung our hands back and forth, smiling down at me as we walked on the pier. It was cute to see him like this, all lovey dovey and not eating a different girls' face off after a week or two.

"You know, I've never seen you like this," I grinned, leaning onto the wood railing that overlooks the ocean.

"Like what?" His brows crinkled together.

"Acting all cute and boyfriend material. You're usually," I paused. "Well, you know."

He looked down, knowing what I meant. "Honestly, Lil, I thought that if I had asked you out a long time ago, it wouldn't work because of our friendship. That if we ever broke up, things would never be the same. I thought I could suppress my feelings for you by sleeping around and hopping from one girl to another."

"Hey," I placed my hand on his cheek. His head nuzzled into my palm, closing his eyes. "You know that'll never happen. I'd be heartbroken if our friendship fell apart because a relationship didn't work."

He smiled, pulling me closer. My hands rested on his chest as his arms wrapped around my waist. "I don't intend on letting you go."

"Alright," I laughed. "Let's go ride some rides!" I yanked on his arm, pulling him to the nearest line for a roller coaster.

-----------

"I think I'm gonna puke," Sam held his knee with one hand, his other holding his stomach.

"I told you not to eat that corndog before we got on," I sing-songed.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," He rolled his eyes.

I laughed loudly, "That's what you get for not listening to me, Samuel."

"Okay, mom," He grumbled. "Come on, your last surprise," He paused, checking his phone. "Is ready." We had already gone through every ride here, played a few booth games, and Sam even won me a giant stuffed penguin. What more could he have planned?

"What?" My brows furrowed. "What the hell do you mean?"

Instead of responding, he pulled my arm to bring me into him, slinging an arm over my shoulders.

"I don't know whether to be scared or terrified," I teased.

"Ouch," He dramatically placed a hand over his chest.