twenty one

"I-I gave you everything," I sniffled. "I told you I fucking loved you! I gave myself to you just last night! And what did you decide to do? You fucked me over! You slept with me knowing damn well you banged Liza at my party! How could you?!" I pounded on his chest and shoved him back, my tears practically blinding me. "Was it all just an act? Did you seriously just use me like every other girl you slept with?" I bitterly laughed, "God, I should be hating you right now, but I still love you, you asshole!"

I backed up slowly until my back collided with someone's chest. I looked up through my glassy eyes and was met with Nash. He was fuming and his eyes held such anger I suddenly feared for Sam.

"You fucking asshole!" Nate reacted, running towards Sam and lifting him up by the collar. Nash and J held me back, as I tried to stop Nate from doing something he would regret.

"Nate! Don't!" I pleaded. I continued to wriggle out of the boys' grips, but I knew was useless. Their strength against mine was an obvious advantage. Nate's fist collided with Sam's jaw, sending him to the floor. He continued to shake Sam, repeatedly asking why he did it.

"Sam! Nate, stop it!" I fell to my knees, the tears still refusing to stop. I continued to cry in Nash's arms, feeling absolutely lost. J tried soothing me by stroking my hair, but I couldn't calm down with the sight before me. Nate pounded him harder than the last and I was getting scared.

"Nate!" I cried out. "Fucking stop, you're gonna kill him!" He finally looked at me, his eyes instantly softening as he took in the sight of me. He got off Sam, who was bloody and starting to bruise.

"You made the biggest mistake of your fucking life, Wilkinson. I gave her up to you because I thought you'd take care of her! Was going back to that bitch worth it?" Nate hissed.

"Let me go!" I begged, crawling quickly out of the boys' grips and sitting next to Sam.

"I'm so fucking sorry for hurting you. I love you so much; I h-had to do it. I hope you'll forgive me." He coughed, his eyelids beginning to flutter close and my heart started racing.

"N-no, Sam. Stay with me, please!" I grabbed his face in my hands.

"Call 911!" I screamed. "J, please!" He nodded, scrambling to get his phone.

The ambulance was here in ten minutes, though I was still scared for my life. I knew what he did was so damn stupid, but I couldn't help feel something was not right.

He was wheeled to a check up room, while I was told to go to the waiting area. Nate, J, and Nash were sitting with me, none of us daring to call the others. My phone erupted with calls and texts from Shawn, but I turned my phone off. I bit my nails, my leg bouncing up in down with nervousness.

"Lily Mendes?" Someone called out. My head shot up as my puffy, red eyes met the doctor's sympathetic expression.

"That's me," I stood up and walked to where he stood. "Is it good or bad news, doctor?"

"Both," He removed his glasses, looking over the clipboard in his hands. "Good news is, he is awake and responding well. No major bones were fractured. Bad news is he has a concussion. That's what led to his blackout. And he may feel faint once he is released."

I nodded, a grateful smile on my face. "Thank you, doctor. May I see him?" He nodded, and pointed me in the direction of Sam's room. The guys started to follow, but I shook my head, meaning I wanted to go alone.

"Sam?" I softly spoke as I approached his bed. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled weakly at me, but that smile quickly turned upside down.

"L-Lily," He coughed, taking my hand. "I'm so sorry for hurting you. But, I d-did it for us. L-Liza's parents are the head of the company my parents work at, and she t-told me if I didn't do w-what she wanted, she'd have my parents fired. Lily, we'd lose everything--our house, the scholarship I had just gotten. She was going to take yo-you down as well, knowing your father works in the music industry. She'd ruin your dad's reputation and I couldn't live with the guilt if she did. I didn't think about the consequences or how it would affect you. I-I'm so, so sorry," He finished, a few tears landing on his hospital gown.