twenty two

changed the title to "s.w. / n.m." bc i suddenly had nate feels 3 weeks ago 

sorry if you don't agree, but i just felt like something new needed to happen considering it was a mix of some mushy/drama-filled chapters :)

lily's outfit is on the side again

______

5 months later

"Babe, have you seen my black jeans?"

"No, but you probably left it on the damn floor. God, Nate, you really need to clean your room," I yelled from his kitchen.

"I don't see the point, baby girl. We spend so much time in there," He smirked, walking to where I was. I blushed, smacking his arm.

It's been five months since I told Nate I wanted him. I couldn't have been happier. And what he told Nash was right-he hasn't let me slip from his fingers. I've fallen deeply for Nate, and he did so much to help me through Sam and I's breakup. He gave me time and just let me cry over Sam and vent. A few weeks later, he finally had the courage to ask me out and I did not hesitate to answer.

As for Sam, he and Liza were happy. I could tell his smile was genuine when he was with her, and it also made me happy that he moved on. It's better that way--no drama and no threats from Liza. He stopped hanging around with us almost immediately, but it was for the best. We've barely seen each other around school, but when we do, it's like we don't know each other. It's better that way.

"Are you doing okay, babe?" He spun me around on the stool and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Better than I've ever been if I'm being honest. Thank you. For everything," I kissed his nose.

"Anything for my girl," He leaned down and kissed me tenderly on the lips, but I pulled him in closer by holding the back of his head. I felt him smile and squeeze my hips.

"Okay, we get it, you two." A voice entered the kitchen, making me jump and pull away from Nate.

"What do you want, Gilinsky? Shouldn't you be out with Serena?" They were doing well and were very happy. Once he followed through with the Disneyland dinner date, she fell harder for him. As did he.

"She's out dress shopping with Blair. Why didn't you go?"

"I had to stay here and help this idiot. But we didn't even clean anything. He refused," I glared up at Nate.

"Hey, is it bad to spend some time with my girlfriend?"

"You're together every day!" Gilinsky laughed. I agreed and rolled my eyes.

"And if I don't get a good prom dress, it's all on you," I pursed my lips.

"Knock, knock!" Someone opened Nate's front door. We peeked our heads out from the kitchen to see Shawn.

"You'll never guess who texted me."

"A girl?"

"Obama?"

"Matt?"

"Definitely not a girl," Shawn scoffed. "And why the fuck would Obama text me? Nah, it's not Matt either."

"Who?" We asked in unison.

"Sam. Said he wants us all to come to his party later."

We all looked at each other, then the boys averted their gazes toward me. I shrugged, not feeling phased anymore.

"If you guys want to, let's go." I smiled genuinely.

"You sure about this, Lil?" Nate looked at me, worry present in his eyes.