twelve

There on the bed, laid Liza and Mike - half naked. I was surprised seeing Mike, since he made it clear he didn't want anything to do with her because she's Sam's.

"You know, I knew you were a slut, but you could've at least waited until I broke up with you before trying to fuck one of my friends," Sam calmly stated.

"I-I made a m-mistake, baby." She jumped off Mike. Looking at him again, I knew he was wasted. And to make the situation worse, Liza is sober as shit.

Her gaze averted towards me and her eyes went hard. "But my question is, what is she doing with you?"

"I asked her to come with me," Sam snapped, still clinging onto my hand. "Don't change the fucking subject, Liza. We're done. And taking advantage of one of my friends? That's fucking low," He pointed.

By now, a small crowd was gathered behind Sam and I. They were whispering and taking pictures of a drunk, shirtless Mike, along with a fuming Liza.

"So you're choosing her over me?! You're making the biggest mistake of your life!" She screamed. More and more people wandered up the stairs, curious to see what was happening.

I rolled my eyes as Sam squeezed my hand, "I'll take a gorgeous, intelligent girl any day over a bratty bitch like you."

She gasped dramatically, crinkling her eyebrows. "You'll come crawling back to me, Sam. And you know it. But don't think I'm gonna take you back after what you just said."

"Wouldn't dream of it." He scoffed and turned his attention to me, dragging me back downstairs.

Liza screeched, throwing a tantrum like a three year-old. The crowd started to laugh, making her even more furious.

He brought me to the front porch and we sat down on a small couch.

"Did you really mean what you said?" I softly smiled.

"I do. And I'm not going to deny it anymore. I'm sorry for being an idiot and choosing Liza when all I could ever want is you."

I smiled wide, a smile Sam hasn't seen from me in a week. But, it slowly faded as I thought about our past encounters.

"Sam," I whispered. "You can't just keep telling me I'm yours when you keep crawling back to her. I don't want to be a call girl or the second choice here. You made it clear you love me, so once you prove to me I'm the one you really want, them I'm all yours."

His smile was faint, but a glint in his eyes showed he was determined to get me to be his.

"I promise you I won't ever make the mistake of going back to her," He sincerely said. "You have no idea how long I've waited."

I laughed, "I think I have a gist."

"Come on, babe. Let's go back," He stood up, holding out his hand once again for me. I smiled and grabbed it. He pulls me up so forcefully I slam into his chest.

"You did this on purpose, didn't you?" I raise an eyebrow.

He smiled innocently, "I don't know what you're talking about."

I flashed a mischievous grin, leaning up and hovering my lips over his. "And what about now?"

His breath hitched, and his face inched closer to mine, until I slowly backed away. He repeated his actions and I repeated mine.

"Stop it," He groaned.

"Make me," I tested.

He grabbed my face with one hand, while his free arm tightly gripped onto my hip. His lips were now hovering over mine and my eyes fluttered close, waiting for the feeling of his lips.

"Oh my god!" A high-pitched voice interjected, causing Sam and I's faces to be millimeters apart.

"Dammit," He groaned.

I laughed, "Easy there, tiger."

"Sam?! What the hell are you doing with her? Where's Liza?!" The red-head bombarded him with questions.

"Calm down, Anna." He rolled his eyes. "She's probably upstairs fucking someone. And we're done. Pretty self explanatory," He motioned to him and I.

"Jerk," Anna scoffed, walking back into the crowded house.

"We should probably get back to everyone," I giggled. "They're probably wondering what happened."

"This isn't over, baby." He leaned down, his breath hitting the side of my neck. My eyes screwed shut and I could feel my breathing become uneven.

I coughed and composed myself, leading the way towards the backyard - our hands still entwined.

Goodness gracious.