fifteen

"How was the date?!" "Did he win you that penguin? Aw!" "Did you bring home any food?" "Shut up, Matt." "How'd the picnic go?" As soon as I stepped foot into my house, I was bombarded with questions.

"I just got home, guys," I laughed. "But if you must know, it went well. And yeah, he did win this for me. No, I didn't bring home any food, Matthew." I checked off their questions as I set my bag down, kicking off my shoes.

"What time is it?" I yawned, taking a seat on the couch.

"3:47," Blair checked her phone. I groaned, knowing Serena will drag Blair and I to get ready in an hour or so.

"Oh! So, Mike texted Matt and said that we should wear dressy clothes. Told us the location changed to a club that just opened today." Serena shrugged. "His dad is friends with the owner and told Mike to bring as many friends to the grand opening."

"Alright," I grinned.

"Hey, did you guys see if Nate's at home?" I remembered I had to speak to him.

"Yeah he's home. Jack G and Johnson are with him. Cam and Nash went home to get ready, but they'll be here soon," Blair smiled.

"I'll be back," I got up from my comfy spot. I shoved my feet into a pair of Rainbows and slammed the door shut.

Approaching his front door, I knocked a few times. Seconds later, I hear the click of the lock and I'm faced with a red-eyed Nate. I groaned, I did not want to talk with a stoned Nate at the moment.

"You're high already?" I sighed. "You know I had to talk to you, Maloley."

"I only smoked a few," He defended. "I swear I'm not as high as I usually am. Come in, we can talk in the backyard." He opened the door fully, letting me in.

"Heeeey! Look who came back!" Gilinsky giggled, popping out of nowhere as I walked into the kitchen.

"And look who's stoned as shit," I laughed. My gaze averted to Johnson, who was more into his phone than what was going on around him. His expression worried me: eyebrows knit together, eyes squinted, and a hard frown plastered on his face.

"Johnson?" I furrowed my brows. Nothing.

"Jaaaaack?" I sing-songed.

"Yeah?" Gilinsky shot up from having his head shoved in a cereal box.

"Not you, idiot," I rolled my eyes.

"Ohhh," He chuckled.

"Johnson?" I questioned once more. He finally lifted his head, cheesing at me once he saw my face.

"Hey, Lily."

"What was up with you? You were glued to your phone like something was pulling you in," I rose an eyebrow. "You okay?"

"Never better," He scratched the back of his head. Something was definitely up.

"Jack," I placed a hand on my hip. "I know something's up. What's going on?"

"Uh-um. N-nothing, why would you assume something's wrong?" He stammered.

"For one, you stuttered. Two, you're not exactly the person to be subtle about something." I pointed out.

"Fine," He sighed, but instead of telling me, he handed his phone over.

It was opened to his messages, and Sam was the contact name above.

Sam: Dude, Liza is here. What the hell am I gonna do? 😣

Johnson: Tell her to leave!