sixteen

The club was absolutely packed. There was an enormous line full of middle aged men, skimpy clothed women, and a bunch of uninvited teens. I approached the security guard, tugging Sam with me.

"We're apart of Mike Sander's party?" I asked.

"Lily Mendes and Sam Wilkinson?" He read off his clipboard. We nodded, and he let us in. The guard continued reading the rest of our names and soon enough, we were all inside and looking for our friends.

"So glad you guys can make it!" Mike yelled. "Heard there were a lot of unexpected people. How many were outside?"

"A lot," I hollered. "Tons of teens from different schools, probably."

"Yo dude, Liza's here." Sam warned. "Do you remember anything from last night?"

"I saw the pictures," Mike shook his head. "Listen man, I hope you know I made it clear I didn't want anything to do with her. That bitch shoved a tray of drinks down my throat."

"Nah bro, we're through. I finally came to my senses," Sam turned to me and smiled. I blushed through the strobe lights, squeezing his hand.

"Aye! I knew you two would get together! Should've been sooner, Wilkinson." Mike joked, making Sam and I laugh.

"I know, bro." Sam chuckled, snaking his arm around my waist.

"Hey, I'll see you guys later? I gotta take care of something," Mike smiled, then was whisked away into the sea of people.

Sam dragged me to our group's booth, setting me on his lap.

"What do you want, babe?" He whispered.

"Any cocktail," I laughed. He nodded, then got up and headed to the bar.

I looked around the room and took notice of the different people at the scene. Business men looking for a distraction, middle aged women looking for one night stands, and teens looking for hook ups or a good time. The room was filled with people who wanted to get away from reality, trying to forget about the negative things in their lives. Before I could avert my attention to my phone, Sam came back with our drinks.

I happily took a sip from mine, feeling the liquor burn down my throat. I moaned in pleasure, the drink tasting amazing. Sam chuckled and winked at my actions and I didn't hesitate to smack his arm and flip him off.

"You're a fucking pig," I laughed.

"But you love me though," He cockily smiled.

Even if it was in a joking matter, I wasn't ready to admit I really do love him, too.

"In your dreams, Samuel," I scoffed. A playful smile was plastered on my face as I sipped my drink.

"Guys! Where've you been?" Johnson quirked, arriving at the booth with G, Blair, Cam, and a drunk Nash.

"Here. In this booth," It came out more of a question than a statement.

"Oh, I could of sworn I saw you walking around."

"Nope, we were here right after we talked to Mike. Did you guys see him?" I sipped the liquid.

"Nah, but maybe later."

"Wait, how come you guys aren't high or drunk? I'd assume y'all wanna have some fun," I chuckled.

"Not tonight," G shook his head. "But Nash had a little more than a few drinks. I stopped him before he could do something stupid here. Ain't that right, Grier?" Nash mumbled incoherent things, groaning at the end.

"Hey, you guys free this week? I could ask my parents if we could spend break in Malibu." They nodded, eager looks on their faces. I turned to see why Sam was so quiet, only to be met with an empty space.