thirteen

I huffed and groaned, dragging a giggling Shawn up the stairs of Nate's place. After returning to the backyard, no one took notice that Sam and I's hands were laced together. Maybe because half of us were wasted as shit and the other half acted like babysitters.

As for being in Nate's home, his family was currently out of state. My parents would notice a drunk Shawn, so we thought it was best if everyone would just sleepover.

"Dammit, Shawn." I shrieked, accidentally letting go of his torso, causing him to tumble down a few steps.

"I need help," I whined. "Sammy! G! Anyone!"

I instantly heard the padding of feet and in seconds I saw Sam, Jack G, and Johnson. I blew some hair out of my face and pointed to Shawn.

"Help?" I croaked, a laugh escaping my lips. The three boys laughed at me and helped Shawn up, bringing him into the guest room. I returned to the living room and saw a somewhat chaotic sight.

"Look at meeeee!" Nash squealed in his sitting position, flailing his arms around his head.

"Thank god you're not drunk tonight," I sighed in relief at Blair and Cam. She was helping clean up a wasted Matt while Cam flew up from his spot on the couch to stop a crawling Nash. Serena was passed out, Nate was gradually coming off his high, Matt previously spilled something on himself, Shawn was upstairs knocked out, and Nash was escaping Cam's grip. This is the life. So great right?

I hopped up from my sitting position and grabbed a few water bottles and a bottle of aspirin, placing it on Nate's coffee table.

I laid on the unoccupied couch and my eyes fluttered close. Not even minutes later, a body hurled itself on top of me, my eyes shooting open.

"Oh shit," I gasped. "Sam, what the hell?"

He got off, only to snuggle beside me, tangling his legs with mine and draping an arm over my waist.

"Can I help you?" I retorted.

"Just layin' on my girl," A smug look on his face, his eyes screwed shut. 'His girl.'

"Your girl?" I tested.

"Wait, your girl?" Johnson and G appeared from the kitchen.

"Your what?!" Blair shrieked.

"Dude, is there something you're not telling us?" Cam crinkled his brows.

"Great job, Samuel," I rolled my eyes. I reminded myself not to give into him so easily. I didn't want to be the one who was heartbroken and left to pick up the pieces. I have to take this slow, and he has to prove to me that I could trust him one hundred percent. "But to answer your questions, no. I'm not his girl."

"Yet," Sam added. "I'm working on it."

"Listen here, Wilkinson." Blair placed a hand on her hip. Here we go. "If you hurt Lily in any way, I'll hunt you down and hurt you so fucking bad you can't reproduce."

"Got it," Sam stammered, eyes wide from fear.

"Just wait until you hear Shawn's speech," I nonchalantly stated, arching my back over the armrest to stretch. He looked up at me and nodded, the same look of fear present on his features.

"Alright!" Cam huffed, successfully getting Nash to knock out. Now that I notice everyone, Cam, Blair, Johnson, G, Sammy, and I were the only people up.

Glancing at the wall clock, it read '4:36' and I instantly felt tired. The lights were off and sleeping bags, pillows, and extra blankets were laid out so we could get comfortable. I looked around the room, observing everyone. Cam and Blair settled into a sleeping bag to fit two. Johnson laid on the carpeted floor, a fluffy pillow behind his head, following a warm blanket. G's eyes were slowly fluttering shut as he cuddled deeper into Serena. His arms were wrapped around her small frame, Serena rearranged so she was in between his legs, snuggling deeper into his chest.