Chapter 2

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

The next day at school Chad parked in his normal spot and got out and opened my door as usual. He had gotten his tires fixed last night but said his parents were mad about the whole thing. The whole drive to school he hadn’t even said a word to me. I was starting to think he was mad at me.

“Chad are you mad at me?” I asked. 

Chad closed the car door and I stood with my back resting on his car. Chad placed his hands on my waist and rested his forehead against mine. 

“No baby I’m not mad at you. Its just my parents freaked over the slashed tires thing and told me I needed to take better care of my car,” Chad said. 

“Well when you come over you can park in the garage until you leave since my parents aren’t home when you’re over usually,” I suggested. 

“That’s a good idea I guess.” Chad seemed stressed and I knew I was the reason why. 

I didn’t want Chad upset or worried over some freak accident. I wrapped my arms around Chad’s neck and gave him a kiss. I wanted him to get his mind off of his parents and his car. 

Chad kissed me back and pressed his body closer to mine. We kissed for a moment longer than he gave me a hug. “You’re the best thing in my life,” Chad said. 

I smiled and said, “You’ve been the best thing to come into my life.” Chad gave me another hug before we went inside the school building. I took his hand and we began walking through the parking lot. As we walked away from his car I could see a guy watching us in the parking lot. It took me a moment to get a good look at the guy. It had been Jake staring at us from across the way like some kind of creep. 

My morning classes went by fast and I could tell that this year was going to be one of little work. Well for now anyway. Most teachers were still just getting us into the swing of things. 

When it came time for English I was scared of what would happen. Jake had came to my house unannounced and he had been staring at Chad and I in the parking lot. Jake had made it clear that he wanted a second chance but I wasn’t going to give him one. 

“Baby after school some of the guys from the team and I are going to the school’s gym to play a pick up game of basketball so we may have to stay a couple hours late,” Chad said. 

We walked into English class hand and hand and found seats over by our friends. “Fine I guess I can stay and watch,” I said. 

“I need you there you know your bring me good luck,” Chad said. He gave me a kiss and then sat at the desk in front of me.

“Hottie Mr. Preston is looking this way,” Bridget said taking her seat beside me.

“Bridget he is our teacher he’s not checking any of us out,” Mackenzie said. 

I could tell Bridget’s crush on Jake wasn’t going to end anytime soon. It was kind of weird hearing her talk about him like he was just another student. But I needed to get over it because I wasn’t going to tell her he was my ex. 

“Everyone take a seat,” Mr. Preston said. 

Everyone was getting seated and Chad leaned his head back on my desk like always. I ran my fingers through his hair and he took one of my hands and kissed my fingertips. 

“I love you,” Chad said.

“I love you too,” I said. I leaned down and gave Chad a Spiderman kiss. I called it a Spiderman kiss because he was upside down and I was right side up. I loved these cute moments of ours. I felt like some girl in a cheesy high school television show. But this was a good thing because I had never been in this good of a relationship before. I was glad Chad and I didn’t have that petty high school drama that most high school couples had.