Chapter 18

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

Alyssa P.O.V.

It was Monday morning and all weekend I was trying to figure out what to say to Chad. I didn’t know how to tell him about my kiss with Jake and I knew I was running out of time to tell him about the kiss before this mystery person told. 

“Baby are you cold,” Chad asked.

We were siting outside the school building in the courtyard and I was siting on Chad’s lap. 

“No,” I said. 

“Well you’re shaking are you sure,” Chad said. 

“Yes…I have something I need to tell you,” I said. 

“Ok baby what,” Chad said. 

“Chad I-“

I was just about to admit everything that happened with Jake but then Jake walked up and interrupted my conversation with Chad. 

“Alyssa you’re wanted in the principal’s office,” Jake said. 

I got up and walked with Jake to the principal’s office. As we walked down the hallway I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I was hoping I wasn’t in trouble I didn’t know what was going to happen. 

When Jake and I walked into the principal’s office no one was in there. I walked over to the principal’s desk and I heard the door close and lock behind me. 

I turned around and Jake kissed me. I was caught off guard but slowly relaxed. Jake picked me up and sat me on the principal’s desk. Jake pulled away and gave me one peck before letting me catch my breath. 

“Jake why are we in here?” I asked. 

“I intercepted this envelope for the principal Alyssa,” Jake said.

Jake handed me an envelope and inside were pictures of Jake and I. The pictures were from the first kiss I shared with Jake to the recent make out session I had with him on Friday. 

“Baby we’re going to have to be more careful when we’re together from now on. I luckily got these photos before the principal saw them,” Jake said pecking my lips. 

“Jake we don’t need to be careful because there is nothing between us. I’m telling Chad then I’m hoping this goes away,” I said.

I got up off the desk and Jake stood in my way placing his hands on my waist. 

“Alyssa what do you mean there is nothing between us. I thought we were going to get back together,” Jake said. 

“Jake I was confused and living in the past. I’m in love with Chad not you,” I said. 

“Alyssa we are getting back together,” Jake said gripping my waist tighter. 

“No we’re not Jake,” I said sternly. 

Jake gripped my waist even tighter and it was beginning to hurt. I could tell he wasn’t happy by my confession but I was being honest. Kissing him brought back memories but I didn’t want to get back together. 

“Alyssa you can’t pick him over me!” Jake shouted.

“Jake let me go,” I said. 

Jake looked me in the eye and I could see anger and hurt in his eyes. I was just hoping he wouldn’t hurt me. Chad couldn’t save me this time if Jake wanted to go to some extreme.

“I love you Alyssa,” Jake said. 

Jake pulled me towards him and kissed me with such passion that I felt sorry for him that he couldn’t move on. Jake was not my future he and I both knew that.