Chapter 21

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

Alyssa P.O.V.

I watched as Chad walked down the hall with the principal. I was at my locker but could see Jake staring at me. He had some freaky look in his eye and I knew if Chad was in trouble it was Jake’s fault. 

I put my stuff in my locker then I walked up to Jake. I told him I needed to speak to him and he and I went into his classroom and he closed the door behind us. 

“What did you do?” I asked getting to the point right away.

“What do you mean Alyssa? I haven’t done anything,” Jake said innocently. 

“Cut the act Jake. Why was Chad called to the principal’s office?” I asked. 

“Oh that. Well I told you if you didn’t dump him I would do something,” Jake said.  

“Jake I did dump him,” I lied. 

I was going to dump him but then I was second guessing myself and before I could even do anything the principal came and interrupted us. 

“Lies! You and him are still together and I did what I needed to,” Jake said. 

“What did you do Jake!” I shouted. 

“Why don’t you go talk to your boyfriend and find out. I’m sure he’ll dump you now if I get my way,” Jake said with a laugh.

Jake was seriously messed the fuck up. I walked out of Jake’s classroom just as Chad came walking down the hall. 

Chad did not look happy. 

I walked up to Chad and he just walked right by me. I ran to catch up with him and grabbed his arm stopping him.

“Babe what’s wrong?” I asked. 

“Babe! Really Alyssa. After how you were this morning I’m babe again. Didn’t you just fucking beak up with me!” Chad shouted. 

“No I didn’t break up with you. I was going to but didn’t,” I clarified. 

“Why were you going to break up with me? Because you turned me in for something I didn’t do,” Chad accused. 

“Chad I didn’t turn you in about anything. What happened in the principal’s office?” I asked. 

“I got suspended and benched from the basketball team because steroids were found in my locker,” Chad said. 

“How is that possible you never use your locker you share one with me,” I said. 

“See I tried to tell the principal and couch that. But they said you told them I was doing drugs and that we broke up so I don’t use your locker at all,” Chad said. 

“Chad I didn’t turn you in,” I said. 

Chad just shook his head and walked off. I caught up with him and he just ignored me. 

“Chad I didn’t do this Jake did,” I said.

“Alyssa stop blaming him for everything. Basketball is important to me and you did this to me,” Chad said. 

“I didn’t do this,” I said on the verge of tears. 

“You wanted to break up you got your wish. Alyssa we’re done!” Chad shouted. 

He walked out of the building and I stood in the hallway in tears. I ran back to Jake’s classroom and walked right up to him. 

“Are you happy you asshole? Chad got suspended and benched from the basketball team. He thinks I set him up! He broke up with me!” I shouted.