Chapter 14

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

Jake P.O.V.

“I’ve got you figured out.” I said. 

I had been following Jake and Alyssa ever since the whole thing with the framing outside Alyssa’s house. Something just didn’t set right with me and the whole hooded person taking pictures thing. I felt like Chad was a bigger liar and threat then me. Yes I had done some questionable things but I was changing everyday and trying to approach the whole getting Alyssa back thing in an adult manner. 

I had finally caught something fishy. I started seeing Chad taking very heated phone calls outside of basketball practice. I even found him talking to some girl a bunch of times. But today took the cake because I was watching Chad have some heated conversation outside the gym in the hallway with some girl I had seen him with before. This girl he was with was cute for a high schooler but didn’t have the same beauty as Alyssa. 

Anyway I caught Chad and this mystery girl arguing it looked like and then out of nowhere I saw the girl lean in and try to kiss Chad. Chad moved back so the girl wasn’t able to kiss him but the girl grabbed at his shirt and pulled him near her again and that’s when I stepped in. 

“I’ll be seeing you Chad,” the mystery girl said. The girl walked off and it was just Chad and I now. I wasn’t too happy about what I had just seen so I planned on calling this boy out on his cheating ways. 

“What have you figured out?” Chad asked. 

“That you’re not so perfect and you’re cheating on Alyssa,” I said.

Chad began sarcastically applauding me with a huge grin on his face. Nothing was funny so I didn’t see why this boy was grinning from ear to ear. 

“Sorry to break it to you Jake but I’m not cheating on my girlfriend. Better luck next time on creating some bullshit,” Chad said.

“Watch your mouth you’re still in school and I’m still your teacher,” I said. 

“If you’re still my teacher right now why are you worried about my love life. If you’re my teacher why are you standing her talking about whether or not I’m cheating on my girlfriend.”

“Because I care about Alyssa and teacher or not I don’t want her hurt and played for a fool by you little boy.”

“This is funny coming from you, rapist. My girl wouldn’t let you hit it so you try to force her into spreading her legs for you." 

“I am shocked that you are talking about her like a piece of ass. Aren’t you the same person who went on and on about she’s beautiful, so sweet, and should be treated like a person not property?” 

“She is all those things and I’m not talking about her like she’s a piece of ass so don’t get it fucking twisted! I love her with all my heart and I’ll be damned if you stand here and try to twist this into a conversation about me lacking love and respect for Alyssa!” 

“Wow you’re really getting mad. Only guilty people start yelling during a calm conversation. I think you know Alyssa would dump you if she found out you were doing to her what you promised not to. Give it up Chad I’ve seen you talking to that little girl that just ran off many times. So what is she your back up when Alyssa isn’t enough?” 

“Alyssa is enough and always will be enough for me. I’m not you, you sick bastard. So I’m not going to continue to stand here and defend myself to you psycho.” 

“What are we on the playground. The name calling is old and annoying little boy.” 

“I’m not a little boy old man!”