Chapter 22

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

Alyssa P.O.V.

The next day at school Chad and I both turned in the evidence to Principal Highland. Principal Highland had called the police and they were all waiting for Jake to arrive at school. 

Chad and I had to get to our classes but were expecting to have Jake turned in and locked up by this afternoon. 

“I’m glad this is almost over. He’ll get locked up for ever harassing us,” I said. 

Chad and I were in homeroom siting in our seats waiting for the bell to ring.

“He shouldn’t have been so obsessive in the first place. He just couldn’t take the hint,” Chad said. 

“Have you decided what you’re going to do about Amy and Amanda?” 

“I called Amy and she told me Amanda is back in town and wants to see me. I’m going to have Amanda meet me at my house tonight.” 

“Alone?”

“Yes alone. I just think if I talk to her one on one she will confess that she was wrong. I don’t want to ambush her by having other people around.”

“Other people like me?”

“Yes but not in a bad way. I just don’t want her to think I’m mad or anything.” 

“You’re not mad? Chad she filmed us together and sent it around school.” 

“We don’t know that for sure yet.” 

“Do you still love her?” 

“If we’re being honest yes. I’ll always have a place for her in my heart because she was my first love. But the way I felt about her and the way I feel about you are two different feelings. You’re my future she’s my past.” 

“I thought Jake was my past but you see he came back and is very much apart of the present.” 

“Everything will work out baby. This will all be over soon and then we can get back to how we use to be.”

The bell rung and Chad and I left homeroom and got to our other classes. The day moved so slow that when English came around I was ready to go home. 

When Chad and I walked into the English classroom there was a substitute teacher. I was relived believing that Jake was gone. They had caught him and now this was over. 

After class Chad and I were called into the principal’s office. I was expecting good news but didn’t get it. 

“He’s run,” Principal Highland said. 

“Run? What do you mean run?” Chad asked. 

“Well when he didn’t show up for his first class this morning I had the police go over to his house. It was empty as if no one had ever been living there. We have a warrant out for his arrest now but we think he’s skipped town,” Principal Highland said. 

“So this is it! All you’re going to do is just let him get away! Can’t you get a search party together and find this bastard!” Chad shouted. 

“Mr. Weston watch your tone and language you are still in school,” Principal Highland said. 

“What are you and the police even around for. You aren’t helping us. You’re just saying he got away so we just need to deal,” Chad said frustrated. 

“Alyssa we can have a policeman escort you home but besides that there isn’t much else we can do,” Principal Highland said.

“Ok,” I said.