Chapter 11

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

After finding out that Jake was in fact guilty of making and spreading around the sex tapes as well as doing all the other stuff that had been going on I tried my best to ignore him and stomach class. 

It had been a week since Chad caught Jake in my backyard and ever since then Chad had been more protective than ever. He refused to switch seats in English and if Jake even looked at me in the hallways or in class Chad made an effort to get in Jake’s view of me. 

It was currently Friday and yet another week had gone by slowly. I thought my senior year was going to be great but right now I couldn’t wait for it to just be over with so Jake would no longer be my teacher.

I was at my locker getting my things for English because that was my next class. I was glad after today I’d have two full days away from Jake. Just thinking about what he had done made me sick. 

I opened my locker to get my notebook and found an envelope. The envelope had evidence written on it and I didn’t know what that meant. I got my notebook for class and got the envelope. 

I opened the envelope and inside there were doctor papers saying that Chad had an STD treated. As I looked in the envelope more I found some photos. I found pictures of Chad kissing some unknown girl. I could see Chad as clear as day but the girl I couldn’t make out who she was. I turned one of the pictures over and it read… “Getting naughty on a family cruise.” 

I turned over another picture that said…” Proof is all in the tape.” 

I turned over another picture and it said….”The tape is in your boyfriend’s car. He hid it in the glove compartment.”

I didn’t know what any of this meant. I just knew I needed answers and I needed them fast. I put everything back in the envelope and tucked the envelope in my bag and went to find Chad. 

I found Chad talking to his friends outside of English class. I walked up to him and interrupted his conversation. 

“I need your car keys,” I said. 

“Why?” Chad asked. 

“I left something in your car.”

“Well I’ll go get what you need. What did you leave in the car?” 

“I want to get it myself just give me your keys.” 

“I don’t want you going into the parking lot alone I’ll just come with you.” 

“Fine. I’m going to find out the truth anyway.” 

“The truth about what?” 

“Lets just go to your car.” 

I began walking down the hall. We didn’t have long before English was set to start and I didn’t want to be late to class behind this mess. I got out to the parking lot and Chad unlocked the car. I opened the glove compartment and low and behold the tape was right there. Chad had lied to me when he said he didn’t have the tape.

I grabbed the tape and closed the glove compartment. I closed the car door and faced Chad. 

“You lying piece of shit!” I yelled. 

“Alyssa what are you mad about?” Chad asked with a confused look on his face. 

“This! You said you didn’t have my tape! It was in your car all along!” I yelled holding up the tape up for him to see. 

“Alyssa I didn’t take that thing. I don’t even know how that tape got in there.” 

“Stop lying to me. I have the pictures. How could you do just what Jake did to me? You’re no better than him.”