Chapter 6

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

After Jake said what he had about Chad maybe having been the one to make the tape I had been wondering if Chad might have done it. I knew Chad well and I had been going out with him for over a year. Never had he ever done anything to hurt me. So why would he ever make the tape and release it. 

Chad and I were in my bedroom doing our homework. Yes we had homework today. It was rare but we had a paper to write for English. How ironic. 

“Chad can I ask you something?” I asked. 

“You know you can ask me anything baby,” Chad said. 

“Did you make that tape of us and release it for the school to see?” I asked. 

Chad shot up way too fast and looked at me with a serious face. “No! I’d never do something like that!” 

“Ok, ok calm down I was just asking.” 

“Why? What would make you think I would do that?” 

“I just talked to Jake and he said you might have done it because of some kind of bet you could have had. He said you probably didn’t want to hurt me but just ended up hurting me by mistake.” 

“So you’re listening to the crazy guy who threatened you and burnt up my car over me!”

“No Chad its just… If you did do it for some kind of bet you could tell me.” 

“I didn’t do it! I never would!” 

“Ok I believe you.” 

“You know what I think I’m going to go home.” 

Chad got up and began gathering his things. Was he really mad at me over a question?

“Chad you don’t have to go,” I said. 

“No I think I should because for the first time in over a year my girlfriend doesn’t trust me. Alyssa I’ve never done anything to ever make you doubt my honesty. So the fact that you’re taking some guy who’s hurt you in the past, word over mine makes me wonder about us.” 

“Chad I’m sorry I just had to ask.”

I got up and walked over to Chad and hugged him. I didn’t want this one thing to be something to make us fight. We never fought ever, so I didn’t want to start fighting now. 

“If I tell you I didn’t do something you should believe me Alyssa. We don’t lie to each other so why would I start lying to you now,” Chad said looking into my eyes. I knew he was being honest. I should have never let Jake make me doubt the one honest person in my life. Jake was so good at manipulating me in the past I needed to remember that for the present. 

“I’m sorry I trust you,” I said. 

I gave Chad a peck on the lips, which he turned into a long deep kiss. 

“Don’t doubt me baby. I love you and I’d never do anything to hurt you. I know what you’ve been through and I’d never want you to go back to the place you were in when I first met you,” Chad said. 

Chad and I both sat down on my bed. I hated ever thinking about the time in my life when I first met Chad. When I met Chad I was in such a bad space. I was heart broken and had given up on love. I had been through so much with Jake back then and I didn’t trust any guy. I had a huge wall up and Chad worked at breaking it down. Now I was happy and trusting again and with Jake being back I felt like that wall I once had up was going to begin to resurface. 

“Why did you take an interest in me?” I asked. 

“What do you mean?” Chad asked.

“I mean when we first got introduced and started getting to know each other why did you care about me. I was guarded and not all that talkative. Why did you even bother dealing with me when there were other girls who were easier to deal with?”