Chapter 13

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

“You better keep your mouth shut!” 

I could hear loud talking and it woke me up. I was asleep in Chad’s bed and he wasn’t beside me. I looked over at the clock and could see it was early it was around seven in the morning. School didn’t start until nine so I had another thirty minutes of sleep I could fit in. I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. 

“You better not!” 

I heard the yelling again so I got out of bed. I looked in the bathroom and Chad wasn’t there. I walked out of his bedroom and down the hall. 

“Chad,” I called out going down the stairs. 

“You have to go. Get out,” Chad said. 

“Chad is someone here,” I said. 

I got downstairs just as Chad closed the front door. I walked up to Chad and he picked me up. “What are you doing up I was going to cook you breakfast before school,” Chad said taking us back upstairs. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he kissed me. 

“I heard yelling were you talking to someone,” I said. 

“No one important,” Chad said kissing me again. 

“You sounded mad babe,” I said as Chad laid me on his bed. 

“I wasn’t mad really. Just pissed at panhandlers coming up to my doorstep waking me up so early in the morning,” Chad said. 

“Sorry,” I said. 

“Its not your fault,” Chad said. 

“Well come back to bed we don’t have to be at school for another hour or so. We can skip breakfast today,” I said. 

Chad got in bed with me and we both got under the covers. He wrapped his arms around me and we both fell back asleep. 

After getting another forty-five minutes of rest Chad and I both woke up and got ready for school. We were ready with in thirty minutes and then we were out the door headed to school. 

The whole way to school Chad’s phone kept ringing. Chad kept ignoring who ever was calling him and seemed to be getting annoyed. 

“Babe maybe you should answer it,” I said. 

“No. You’d think if you ignore a million calls a person would get the message that you don’t want to talk,” Chad said. 

“Who is it? Why don’t you want talk to the person?” I asked.

“No one important just an annoying person who I plan to deal with in person later,” Chad said. 

When Chad pulled into the school parking lot we got out of the car and walked into the school building. After walking me to my locker Chad told me he had to go talk to someone so he’d just see me in homeroom. I said ok and gave him a kiss before he walked off. 

I was getting my things out of my locker when some girl I didn’t even know walked up to me. 

“Is your name Alyssa?” the girl asked. 

“Yes, I said. 

“And you’re dating Chad Weston?” 

“Yes, do you know him?” 

“I have to go.” 

The girl just walked off without telling me her name or anything. That girl was weird and I didn’t even know why. I shook off the weird feeling I got from the girl and walked to homeroom.