Chapter 14: The Blue Spirit

3rd person POV

"This should bring your fever down." Katara places a cool rag on Sokka's head whilst he coughs.

"You know what I love about Appa the most?" Sokka slurs his words, faced flush with sweat. "His sense of humor."

"That's nice." (Y/N) mutters, picking up Momo to rest on her shoulders.

"I'll tell him," Katara says gentled, holding the rag in place. 

Appa groans, and Sokka giggles, "Classic Appa!"

"How's Sokka doing?" Aang approaches the siblings.

"Not so good- the storm really did a number on him." (Y/N) says, looking down to see her brother shivering despite being in the warm, fur lined sleeping bag from back home.

"I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea, but I found a map." Aang places the map on the ground and (Y/N) slides off of Appa to get a look. "There's a herbalist institute on the top of that mountain. We could probably find a cure for Sokka there."

"Aang, he's in no condition to travel. Sokka just needs more rest. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow." Katara says, putting a hand to her mouth to muffle the coughs that make their way up her throat.

"Not you too."

"Relax, it was just a little cough. I'm fi-" She's interrupted once more with a fit of coughs.

"That's how Sokka started yesterday! Now look at him." Aang argues, "He thinks he's an Earthbender!"

"Take that, you rock." Sokka swings his arms around, not much energy being given.

(Y/N) gives a look to Aang. "Maybe I should stay behind with them, I think Sokka is contagious."

"A few more hours and you'll be talking nonsense, too. I'm going to find some medicine." Aang rolls up the map and stands, taking his staff with him too. He walks over to (Y/N). "I'll be back soon... Just make sure Sokka doesn't accidentally hurt himself." Aang then runs off the cliff and glides towards the mountains he had pointed at previously, whilst (Y/N) turns to look at her brother and see's him sliding his hands around his face gruffly.

At the sound of thunder, Aang backtracks and places his glider back down. "Um, maybe it'd be safer to go on for. Keep an eye on them guys."

Appa groans, Momo chirps, (Y/N) nods and Sokka laughs. "You guys are killing me."

~~

"Katara, please, water." Sokka groans.

"(Y/N)-" Katara starts, slumping her head against Appa's body.

(Y/N), however, is not faring too well either. She's propped up against a pillar, dizzy as all can be and feeling sick to her stomach. She tries to move forward but falls to her knees and calls out to Momo. "Listen carefully Momo. I need you to take this to the river and fill it with water." Momo looks at her with wide eyes, takes the hip flask and flies away.

~~

Aang runs up the steps to the sanctuary, bursting through the doors. "Hello! I'm sorry to barge in like this, but I need some medicine for my friends. They have fevers and they've been coughing-"

"Settle down, young man. Your friends are going to be fine. I've been up here for over forty years, you know. Used to be others, but they all left years ago. Now it's just me and Miyuki." She pets the fluffy white besides her."

"That's nice." 

"Wounded Earth Kingdom troops still come by now and again. Brave boys, and thanks to my remedies, they always leave in better shape then when they arrived."