Chapter 15: The Fortune Teller

A large green fish jumped up from the water, startling us. "Look!" Katara points as the fish jumps again.

The fish seemingly looks directly at Sokka and... smiles? "Oh he is taunting us. You are so going to be dinner!" Sokka runs to grab his fishing rod, "Hey, where's the fishing line?"

"Oh, I didn't think you would need it, Sokka." Aang replies, holding up the woven fishing rod with a pink flower on it.

"Aw, it's all tangled!"

"Not tangled, woven. I made you a necklace, (Y/N)." Aang turns to me. "I thought since you guys lost your mothers..." He holds up the necklace with a close eyed smile. A very cute smile.

I smile, walking over and gently took the necklace from his hands. "Thank you Aang, I love it!" I smile at him.

"Great, Aang. Maybe instead of saving the world, you can go into the jewelry-making business." Sokka grimaces at his fishing rod.

I tie the woven necklace around my neck and smile. "He could always retire and do that."

"I don't see why I can't do both." He shrugs, a confused grin on his face.

Sokka looks at him deadpan, but turns around once he hears the water get breached again. He grunts and throws his rod into the water, trying to hit the fish. "Stop taunting me!" He takes his knife and wattles into the water while I giggle.

"So, how do I look?" I ask, hands fiddling with the hem of my sleeve.

Aang turns around quickly and blushes. "You mean, all of you or just your neck- I mean, because they both look great."

Sokka rises from the water with the fish. "Smoochie smoochie, someones in loveeeee." He teases, yelling as he falls back into the water from the fish slapping his face with its tail.

"I- well," Aang stutters, bringing his hand to rub at the back of his head while we meet flustered gazes.

"Stop teasing him, Sokka." Katara steps in. "Aang's just a good friend. A sweet little guy, just like Momo."

"Thanks?" Aang brings his gaze down to the ground, breaking the eye contact we held as I also look away.

We hear a loud growling as Sokka emerges from the water, soaking wet. "Geez Sokka, is that your stomach?" I laugh, and Aang jumps onto a rock to get a good look at our surroundings.

"Someone's being attacked by a Platypus Bear!" Aang yells, garnering our attention.

The bear is large, sharp teeth and red eyes. There is a man in front of the bear, smiling and dodging the swipes easily. "Well, hello there. Nice day isn't it?"

"Make noise! He'll run off!" Aang suggests.

"No, play dead! He'll lose interest!" Sokka yells.

The bear swipes at the man again. "Whoa, close one." He laughed.

"Run down hill, then climb a tree!"

"No, punch him in the bill!"

"That'll just anger the bear more!" I yell, so both Sokka and the man hear me.

"And then run in zig zags!" Aang suggests once more.

"No need, it's going to be fine." The man is way to calm for my liking. The bear growls, swiping multiple times at the man before hitting a tree.

Aang jumps up from his rock and places himself in between the Platypus Bear and the man, who is now sitting on the ground. He sends up a ghost of wind, saying "Whoa there." The bear growls out again, raising its paws like it will swipe at Aang but stops once it hears Appa roar behind it. The Platypus Bear pops out an egg and runs back to the water.