Chapter 9: Winter Solstice; The Spirit World pt 2

Aangs POV

"I'll figure this out (Y/N), I promise." I say to the huddled up girls. "Like they said, I'm the bridge between the worlds, right? All I have to do is.. figure out what I have to do. But once I do that no problem!" 

Appa approaches the girls, "Appa! Hey buddy, I'm right here!" Appa exhales on (Y/N)'s face. "But... I guess you can't see me either."

Appa growls sadly, waking Katara. "Its okay Appa, I'm sure they're on their way back." Katara stands, waking (Y/N) along the way. She helps her sister up while she rubs her eyes tiredly. "I bet they even found you a bunch of moon peaches. For a treat." They walk away.

"What am I supposed to do?" I mutter to myself. "Avatar Roku! How am I supposed to talk to you?"

A light emerges form the forest. "Sokka?" I yell. Squinting I barely make out a form before it rushes towards me. "Thats definitely not Sokka." I say as I open my glider and  jump into the air.

I make it about 3 feet before falling. I start attempting my air bending, in multiple forms but none of them work. "What?" I ask myself incredulously. "I can't airbend in the spirit world!"

I turn to face the approaching form rushing towards me. It lands in front of me with a thud- a great dragon spirit. Its tall form stands proudly in front of me when I ask if it's seen sokka. It didn't answer. Instead it reaches a whisker out to touch my forehead. 

What I see next is Avatar Roku, flying on top of this very dragon. "Your avatar Roku's animal guide! like Appa is to me!" I walk closer to it. "I need to save my friends and I don't know how! Is there someway for me to talk to Roku?" It lands it's neck on the ground next to me and I hop on, only stopping to call out to (Y/N) even though she can't hear me. "I'll be back (Y/N)." Look down at the dragon I say, "Take me to Roku". I fly off with the dragon not a moment later.

~~

3rd person POV

(Y/N) looks up from Appa's feed and towards the entrance of the village. 

"Is everything alright?" Katara asks her sister, noticing her silent behavior. 

(Y/N) turns to look at her, "Oh uh- yeah. It's nothing." Katara nods, going back to Appa while (Y/N) turns her gaze to the entrance once more, then turning back and helping her sister.

~~

Aang's POV

I fly with the dragon, going over mountains and seas, until we reach a red temple. Once we get through the entrance the dragon starts spinning in circles, going up and up and up- closer to the ceiling. "Hey, what are you doing!" I yell as I expect we crash into the ceiling. Instead we get through smoothly, and the dragon lands in front of a large golden statue of Roku and his Cytherea.

"I don't understand. This is just a statue of Roku." I look at the dragon just in time for its whisker to make contact with my forehead. My eyes glow blue briefly before the vision begins. The Comet is large, fast and hot. The vision ends just as quickly as it came. "Is that what Roku wants to talk to me about? The comet?" I turn to look at the statues.

"When can I talk to him?" I ask the dragon. The dragon lowers its head, showcasing a red light that is nearing Roku's statue, but not quite there. A blue light nears the cytherea's statue, mimicking the red one.

Looking back at the dragon I get another vision. Days pass quickly, the sun going down and coming up multiple times. showing the red light briefly entering the temple.

"Its a calendar." I say, "And the light will reach Roku on the solstice. Thats when I can speak to Roku?" I ask the dragon. It makes a noise of agreement. "But I can't wait that long! I need to save Sokka now!"