Chapter 1; The boy in the Iceberg

(Y/N)'s pov

"Watch and learn ladies! This is how you catch a fish." My idiotic brother, Sokka, better put a sock on it or else. 

"Yes, because you definitely caught a fish every other time you said that." I huffed in annoyance. It's not even like he's been doing anything productive! Katara has been watching my water bending technique on how to catch fish.

I point over to a fish currently swimming by her. "Try the technique on that fish" I mutter to her. Knowing that I would get scolded by Sokka if I said it any louder.

Katara hesitantly slipps her glove off her hand and mimics my movements, I grin proudly at her as she captures the fish in a globe of water.

"I did it! I caught one!" Katara cheered 

"Great job Kat!" I praised. Hey, I may be two years younger than her, but I'm still allowed to praise my sister. 

"SHHHHHHHHHHHH. Both of you! You'll scared the fish away!" Sokka scolded us. See what I mean? 

"But Sokka, I caught one!"

"Besides, with the way your talking I think you will manage with scaring it off on your own." I say. 

As Katara tried to show our brother that she caught one, Sokka turned around and lifted his spear into the air, popping the bubble of water that was one containing the fish. He got drenched and the fish ran back into the icy ocean.

"Katara!" Sokka yelled

"It's not her fault that you got drenched. Had you listened to us you wouldn't be wet." I state. And Sokka just ignored my statement.

Sokka sighed and turned to look both Katara and I in the eyes. "Why is it that whenever you too play with magic water I always get soaked?" 

"First of all, it's not magic water it's-" Katara started before she was rudely cut off

"Yeah, yeah. Waterbendng, it's an ancient art, unique to our culture, blah blah blah. All I'm saying is if I had weird powers I would keep my weirdness to myself." Yeah. He is asking for a slap in the back of his head.       

"You're calling us weird? Were not the ones who make muscles to ourselves every time we see our reflection." Katara shoots back and I snicker. He ironically sat up from where he was doing just that.

Katara and I both roll our eyes agin. "Also, it's not my fault that you got splashed. At leased not this time-" 

I was cut off when our canoe started to rock to the side and the sound of the water rapids flooded my ears.

"Go left! Go left!" Katara and I both scream the logical decision at Sokka, but being the big, sour baby that he is he decides to go right. What a moron. 

Our canoe crashes in-between two species of sea-ice. "You call that left?" Was the only comment that Katara made once we were on a large piece of ice. My body was thrown across it and the tip of my hair was centimeters from falling into the water. That's how close I was to being in the freezing (Literally) water.

Katara pulled me back and tugged me into a warm embrace. "Well, since I did such a bad job, why didn't you two just water bend us out of there?" 

 "So your saying it's our fault?" Came my angered response

"Well naturally. I knew I should have left you two at home." Oh my word. He is asking for some one to hit on the head. Maybe our parents dropped him on the head when he was a baby. Oh, but guess what? He wasn't finished.