Chapter 2; The Avatar Returns

Third Person POV

(Y/N) and Aang walk slowly back up to the village. "Aang's back!" Some of the kids in the village yell and run up to the pair.

Sokka and Gran Gran walk up to the duo with angry looks. "I knew it! You signaled the Fire Nation with that flare! You're leading them right to us!" Sokka exclaimed angrily.

"Aang didn't do anything! It was an accident!" (Y/N) said. 

"Yeah. We were on a ship and there was a booby trap and well... we boobied right into it." Aang explains while scratching his head. (Y/N) places her hand over her mouth to contain her snicker.

Aang turned around to smile at (Y/N). Gran Gran looks disapprovingly at (Y/N) and started to blame her for putting the village in danger. "Don't blame her," Aang says "I brought her there. Its my fault." He hangs his head in shame.  

Sokka pointed at him and called him a confessing traitor, and ordered the children away from him. "The foreigner is banished from our village!" Katara takes this moment to intervene. She had been watching from the sidelines and had finally had enough. 

"Sokka you're making a mistake!" Katara tried to reason, however Sokka wouldn't listen.

"No. I'm keeping my promise to Dad. I'm protecting you, from threats like him." Katara's and (Y/N)'s faces turned slightly red from anger. 

"Aang is not our enemy Sokka!" (Y/N) exclaims. Katara places her hand on her sisters shoulder, most likely going to finish the conversation for her. 

"Don't you see?" Katara starts, "Aang has brought the village something we haven't had in a long time.... Fun!"

Sokka's expression changed immediately "Fun? We can't fight Firebenders with FUN." He said. 

Aang smiled and said, "You should try it sometime." (Y/N) shakes her head, a small smile breaking onto her face through her sad expression. Katara pleaded with Gran Gran, but it was no use.

"Fine. Then I'm banished too!" (Y/N) said. She walked up to Aang and grabbed his hand and pulled him in the direction Appa was in. 

"I'm banished also." Katara said while running up to the duo. She then proceeded to grabbed (Y/N)'s other hand and walk along side her. "Come on guys. Let's go." 

"Where do you think you're going?" Sokka shouted towards us angrily. 

"To find a Waterbender," (Y/N) stiffly stated, "Aang is bring us to the North Pole." 

"I am? Great!" 

"Katara! (Y/N)! Would you really choose him over your own tribe? Your family?" Sokka said desperately. Aang stopped in his tracks.

"(Y/N), Katara, stop. I don't want to come between you and your family." Aang walked away from the girls and stood next to Appa.

"So your leaving? This is goodbye?" (Y/N) asked, meeting his gaze sadly.

"Where will you go?" Katara asked him.

"Home I guess, to look for the Air benders. Wow, I haven't cleaned my room in a hundred years! Not looking forward to that." Aang joked. (Y/N) supposed he didn't realize that in a hundred years, most and probably all Air benders had died due to the Fire Nation. 

before Aang could get on Appa, he was pulled into a tight hug. (Y/N) whispered, "I'll miss you." into his ear before letting go. (Y/N) walked back into Katara's arms and stayed in the warm embrace.

Sokka pestered Aang about Appa not flying but stopped when little Kiki ran toward the Bison yelling. "Aang, don't go! I'll miss you!" Kiki's eyes went glossy with her unshed tears.