Chapter 11: Jet

(Y/N)'s POV

"Where's Momo?" Aang asks us. I shrug my shoulders, and hear a familiar shriek from above. Aang lets down the trap Momo was caught in and I open it, Momo jumps out with his fruit and the other animals still caught groan as well. "I'll get it!"

"This is gonna take too long." Sokka says, cutting the cages down with his boomerang. Once the monkeys are free he squats down to take a look at the traps. "These are Fire Nation traps. I can tell by the metal work. We need to get a move on."

I hand my sleeping bag to Aang who puts it on Appa's saddle. "No flying." 

"What? Why?" I ask.

"He's too noticeable!"

"Appa's not too noticeable!"

"He's a giant flying bison with an arrow on his head! Think about, how does Zuko keep finding us? He just looks for a huge bison in the sky."

Appa groans. "Don't worry Appa, Sokka just jealous that he doesn't have an arrow." Aang says, patting his head.

"I know you all want to fly but my instincts tell me that we should play it safe this time and walk."

"Who made you the boss?" Katara asks, hand placed firmly on her hips.

"I'm not the boss, I'm the leader."

She scoffs. "Your the leader? But your voice still cracks!"

"I'm the oldest and I'm a warrior! So I'm the leader."

"Whats the difference in between boss and leader anyways?" I interject. "They're both positions of power, and both in control. Besides when was the last time you were a leader? The leader of the skid marks on your undergarments that I have to wash? I don't think so pal."

"If anyones the leader It's Aang. I mean, he is the avatar." Katara says.

"Are you kidding me? He's just a goofy kid."

Aang was currently hanging upside down from one of Appa's horns. "He's right."

"Why do boys always think that someone has to be a leader? I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl." I nod in agreement.

"I've kissed a girl! You just haven't met her." 

"Who? Gran-Gran? I've met Gran-Gran."

"No, besides Gran-Gran. Look my instincts tell me we have a better chance of slipping through on foot, and a leader has to trust his instincts." 

"Okay, we'll try it your way, o wise leader."

"Who knows? Walking might be fun!" Aang says, sleeping bags on his back.

~~

"Walking stinks! How do people go anywhere without a flying bison?" 

"I don't know Aang. Why don't you ask Sokka's instincts? They seem to know everything."

"We should just fly." I groan. "We have to get to the North Pole, and incase you have forgotten, thats surrounded by water! Besides, walking in the woods gives us limited options because of Appa's size, and he's probably leaving footprints! If you're so concerned about him giving us away we could fly above the clouds so nobody could see us."

"Ha, ha, very funny."

"I wasn't joking." 

"I'm tired of carrying this pack." Aang says. 

"You know who you should ask to carry if for awhile?" Katara starts.

"Sokkas instincts!" We say in sync.