Baby of mine

Dr Zoe curled her hand tightly around Mare's, pinching her skin slightly. She bared her teeth, flashing a crazed smile that almost said 'I'm a bit crazy' but Mare didn't mind. Her cheeks tinted with Rose as she excitedly babbled on and on about god knows what. The more she spoke, the more her words started to sound far away-like she whispering.  Baby, you're going to have a baby.

"Mrs Calore?"

Mare blinked hard, shaken out of her thoughts.

"Dr Zoe-" Mare started

   Hanji threw an arm over her shoulder, practically laughing in her ear. "Oh please call me Hanji" she cheered. Mare squirmed, "Hanji. I'm not Mrs Calore". The crazy-eyed brunette shot back as if Mare had slapped her. "Don't be ridiculous! Or course you are, you're our new queen".

"But-"

"Nonsense" Hanji waved her off.

    She realigned her glasses as she picked  up Mare's medical charts. She scribbled something that resembled chicken scratch before shoving a baby book into Maven's chest. "Now Dad, I need you to help me take care of little mama over here" she winked in Mare's direction.

Mare frowned, picking out her bottom lip.

"Hey, I'm not that short!"she barked.

  Both the doctor and Maven began to laugh. Mare sent daggers their way as she crossed her arms. Maven leaned into her, pressing his lips to her forehead. "It's okay baby I think it's cute" he cooed. Maven's eyes light up when he said the word baby, almost as if saying it made the fact that they were going to be parents more real.  

*Time skip*

   "Maven you're being ridiculous" Mare giggled. Mare and Maven has returned home from the doctor's . Maven had his nose stuck in the baby book the whole walk back to their chambers. 
    "I'm serious love, I want you to have a bodyguard. Now that you're pregnant, you're going to be a target". Mare rolled her eyes as she headed towards the bathroom. She began to remove her clothes before climbing into the tub. She was stopped by a pair of arms lifting her up. "Maven!" She yelled.
    The boy king was admit about 'taking care' of her. Even if she was just trying to take a bath. He carefully lifted her into the tub ever so gently. He earned annoyed glares from his beloved but he smiled at her in return.

"Was that necessary?"

He kneeled beside her. "Absolutely"

"I'm more then capable of taking a bath Maven".

   His eyes traveled from her eyes down to her lips. He noticed her skin had a pinkish undertone due to the heat. Maven caressed her soft skin, earning goosebumps in the process. Are unintentionally closed her eyes and leaned into his touch. She shivered as she felt the heat of his hands seep through her.

"Let me take care of you".

His lips now inches from hers, they looked longingly into each other's eyes.

"Okay".