Mare and Cal

~Mare~

I've had him . Touched his body , felt his lips. He held me , caressed me . Tended to my every want , every hidden desire.
We connected in such a way . Not just physical but emotional. Not just hot sweaty bodies intertwined, lips locked , tongues twirling about .
He gave me his heart and I gave him mine. I allowed him to be with me in a way Maven never had. In the least romantic setting imaginable we made beautiful love . A love so deep and powerful that it makes my body shiver.

"That was just what I needed" I lazily brush moistened hair away from my face. For a brief moment I'm allowed to bask in the ambiance of this moment but then , upon looking at the hideous predicament we find ourselves in , a familiar wave of fear washes over me.

"I have to get you out of here" I say turning to Cal. He of course tries to make light of the situation, flashing that damn smile . If he weren't so unmistakably good looking I'd slap that nauseatingly irresistible grin off his perfect face.

"No Mare , I can't let you put yourself in danger for me", he argues, "I'm a big boy I'll find a way out of this".

I punched him in his arm , cracking all four knuckles at once.

"Ouch", he rubs the forming bruise. I shoot him a disapproving look, one my mother loved to give me.

"I don't care how big , how strong or how fast or smart you are . You are getting out of here and I don't give a crap what happens to me, I love you Cal. Please , let me repay you for all that you've done for me".

He tries to make up another excuse but I silence him with my lips.

"It's done , no more excuses".

I , once again, let my hormones run wild. A strong urge to tear of his clothes takes over my senses. Before long , we're tangled up on the floor.
Here I've made a mistake. Because I was so lost in the heat of the moment, my ears failed to inform me of an impending visitor.

"What's this?".

Cal and I froze , I break away , hoping and praying that my hearing deceives me . Please don't let it be , but of course it is . Maven.

My skin goes white , whiter then a Silver . Almost clear , I've lost so much complexion. Every hair on my body stands up , goosebumps arise everywhere. I can't hide my fear , much less my-our intentions .
I waited for a response. Fire , a gunshot wound, anything but complete silence. He stares at us , a complex mixture of confusion and anger. He too is stiff .

"Mare" Maven's voice , usually hard and authoritative becomes frail.

Those blue eyes bare an emotion I have not seen , true sadness.

Maven Calore the king of Norta let's tears , glimmering shiny streaks roll down his face landing on the floor. He weeps openly, even beautifully.

"I- you -" he can't find the words.

I nod my head .

He hold his breath nervously. Clenching his eyes shut.

Maven shocks me . He's angry, he's conflicted but most of all he's manipulative. A master of fabrication, he spins lies out of thin air . He's the one who hurts , who destroys.
For the first time he's felt hurt . The pain of having someone you love hurt you.

"What have we done?".