All in Fun

Maven

The morning after our magnificent night left me in content. Blissful happiness that warmed my heart and tingled my skin. We made love to one another, although I will never get over not being her first, I will cherish this night.
My beautiful little birdie with her faded chestnut hair and her pouty lips. Just looking at her brings back memories. I pull her closer to me so that I can feel her warmth, The Sweet nectar of her skin against mine. She is asleep in my arms, softly snoring in that cute way that she does. I rest my head above her's, gently nuzzling her with my chin. Slowly I began to close my eyes as I felt myself relax into her and drift away.

''Twas not to last
Some disrespectful idiot destroyed my happiness and my birdie's sleep by thrusting the door open.
"You highness, the council needs to spe-"
I glare daggers in the direction of my advisor, hands covering Mare's ears. "Can't you see I'm busy!"
He anxiously folds his hands, trying to crack knuckles to keep calm. How rude.
"But sir, we need to discuss our next charity ball, what you plan to do with the guard a- and your new... fiancé?"
You're damn right she's MY fiancé
"Windham, I plan to adhere to my to-do list after I've woken up, as you can see I've had a long night and would greatly appreciate if you left" I snap harshly.

My harsh tone caused Mare to stir in her sleep, brows crinkling in discomfort. "Maven?" Mare yawns. I gaze down at her, pulling the covers over her exposed body parts. I shoot my advisor a warning look, silently telling him to cover his eyes. "Good morning my sweets, how did you sleep?"
"Pretty good, except my hips are sore" she winced.
Must've been a bit too rough
"I'm so sorry baby, I didn't mean to hurt you" I plead.
She laughs that adorable laugh that I love. "You didn't, it was honestly so amazing" she smiles.
I'm amazing!
Windham clears his throat, rudely startling Mare out of my arms. She jumped clear out of bed, posing her negligee in the process. "Oh my god, why didn't you tell me someone was here!".
"Get out- get out my chambers right now,  no one is to lay eyes on my queen when is indecent!" I growl.
I crawled to the side of the bed where Mare was previously laying. "Mare Bear, are you okay?" I say in an overly sweet tone.
Earning a glare in response. "Uh uh, you're in trouble Maven Calore" she frowns. Right now she is upset but it's hard not to smile at her pouty face.
"Baby?"
"No".
"Shnuckums?".
"Absolutely not!".
I leaned my head to the side, arms wrapped around my pillow as I look up at her. She is mad at me at the moment which likely why she has not yet realized that she is naked.
"Baby?".
What!" She snaps.
"You're still naked" I smirked.

She sprints to the bathroom screaming at me the whole way. Slamming the door shut behind her. Should I join her?
After a good thirty or so minutes she finally emerges from our bathroom. Smelling of cherry blossom and coconuts. A thick towel hiding her goodies and a lighter one cooked around her hair. Small droplets highlight her glowing skin just as smoke rises off her body.
"Did you have a nice shower baby?".
She snaps her head around, still glaring at me through fallen strands of hair. "Don't call me that" she demands.
"Why not Baby?"
She flares her nostrils in annoyance. "Because I said so"
"But sweetie, you are mine, and I want to call you baby".
"Shut up Maven, no amount of sweet talk and cheesy pet names are getting you out of this".

My baby is feisty
"What if I cook you breakfast!" I exclaimed.
She pauses, clearly intrigued.
"Not good enough. I'm sorry to say that you won't be getting off the hook that easily".
Think, think, think

"Mare Molly Barrow- soon to be Calore.* cough cough* Would you do me the honor of being my date to charity ball next week?" I plead.
Kneeling on one knee, holding a stack of pancakes in the shape of sunflowers. Silently hoping and praying that she doesn't turn me down.
"Sunflower shaped pancakes, how'd you know!"
"Just trying to keep my lady happy", I shift nervously, "is it working?"
You're breaking my heart here babe
"You're being awfully affectionate this morning".
"What can I say, I'm in love with a sassy little woman who won't accept my apology pancakes " I fake hurt feelings.
I put in my best pouty face, poking out the bottom lip and doing my best puppy dog eyes I can muster.
"You are too cute", she pats my cheek before stealing a pancake, "but no honey, I can't accept your apology just yet".
With that she runs out of my bedroom, laughing as she darts away.
Mare Bear wants to play cat and mouse?
"I'm coming for you babe, you can't hide from me" I declare.
It's moments like this that make me happy to have someone like Mare in my life. Someone to bring out that goofy side that likes to laugh and joke around. I genuinely am grateful for my little birdie in my dark and twisted words.