Love Me

~Maven~

I watched her. Admiring the way her eyes glimmer in the sunlight, taking in the perfect wave of her hair. Even her skin glistens. I'm taken back by her, I have to have more of her. I need it.

I long for her

     She's so deep in her thoughts that she barely noticed me. I feel invisible. She's not looking at me anymore, she's staring off in the distance, eyes narrowed. Mare digs her nails into me, a death-like grip. Is she mad at me? Have I upset her in some way?

" Mare?", I move a strand of wet hair.

Brown eyes peered down at me, squinting with suspicion.

"Maven" she whispered back to me.

She still wears that untrusting look. Almost as if she's a wounded soul, a mere homeless dog who's been kicked around, beaten and neglected. A poor lonely pup always wanting someone to love them but is too afraid to let anyone try.  She stares at me through wounded eyes, frightened that I might cause her pain.
     Mare, the traitor of Norta, the former Silver princess.  She was once my heart, my breath, my joy, and my hurt.  I used to hate the feeling of being hurt, feeling emotions at all for that matter.

I hated my feelings because I was always told they made me weak.

     But then Mare, my beautiful betrothed. Was my safety line, my reason for being, my sun that light up my stormy world. She's the Red that illuminates my Silver darkness.  I am forever grateful for her, I yearn for her. I am in love with the traitor, the criminal, the wanted murderer.

Don't do this Maven, don't love a killer

     How can I not? After all, I helped make her this way.  Innocent, naive and sweet, a perfect recipe for easy manipulation.  Mare was unfortunate to have been put in the middle of my scheme, I helped ruin the little Red girl for my own selfish gain. Also, I helped destroy my brother.
     Tiberius Calore, the favorite son, everyone's favorite prince. Oh, how I hated living in his shadow, how much I despised being forgotten. My brother loved me, he never could empathize with me but he did care about me. Sometimes, late at night, I like to think about the brother I lost. Rarely and never admitted, I secretly feel guilty about all I've put him through.

That's your heart, Maven, getting in the way

Shut up, mother. Stay out of my head!

     Was I wrong? Did I blindly follow satin into the deepest parts of hell?.  Is my mother the villain in this story?

Queen Elara of House Merandus

The whisper queen is my mother. She's the reason I lost Mare in the first place. She's the one who willingly sacrificed my heart. She destroyed the woman I love, repeatedly hurt the one I held near. For that, I can never forgive her.