forty six

"Sunny called you, Harry?"
Harry Styles' POV

"Sunny called you, Harry?" Harry Styles' POV

         "I'll see you soon Harry." The words repeat, they ring for an eternity within the walls of my mind, her voice, a constant whisper that lingers. "H," Mitch says, it seems like he could have said the initial more than once but it was this time that I heard him. "Yeah, talking to you dude." He states, understanding that I was somewhat confused. "You good? Sorta zoned out there." He tells me when he looks back at the television, the motion picture moves with arrays of colors.

"Yeah." I answer, shaking my head, concentrating on my hands that rest on my lap. If I stare long enough, I can see the slight shakiness within them. "Just thinking of some stuff." I mumble that part. "The only time I'm ever scared now is when I think of you." Her voice says again, the faintness of a laugh follows along. They all come from memory as it causes a reaction of an unnoticeable flinch. "I've missed you too, you know?"She reminds me again.

"What about?" Mitch questions, finally glancing back at me.

"What?" I ask, unsure what he could mean from that.

"You said you were thinking of some stuff." He repeats. "Harry are you alright?" He says in disbelief now. "I mean you've always been odd .. Maybe even a little slow on a regular basis but, shit, what's going on? You've been acting like this ever since Monday." Mitch states his last part slightly quieter, I scoff, one mixed with a soft chuckle.

"You're an ass." I comment and he rolls his eyes. "Besides I'm fine." I mention, it makes him sigh deeply when he puts his drink down. Mitch sits up, turning a little to completely face me.

"That's bullshit." He says. "Tell Father Mitch."

"For fuck's sake, I hate when you use that name."

"Harry." He speaks a little more sternly.

"She called me." I force out, almost frustratingly as I feel too similar to a stubborn teenager who has to admit something to their parent. "She called me Monday night and I can't stop," I stop myself before I continue. "I can't stop thinking of the whole thing." I finish off and without her name he already knows, aware of what 'her ' signified. Without the five lettered word being said he can pick up what it meant, as if the conversation was heard from his end as well.

"Sunny called you, Harry?" He questions and after a moment of no response I nod. His voice consists of hesitation, even a waver when he speaks. It causes me to gulp down the anxiousness that pools at the top of my throat, threatening to gag out. "Well no wonder you've been off."

"Thanks mate." I grumble when I cross my arms.

"What happened?" Mitch spits out. "How do you say shit like that to me and not further explain that?" He announces and I narrow my eyes at him, noticing the shadow of my brows above it.