nineteen

I want you to tell me the truth.
Marina Young's POV

       Behind the darkness once my eyes were closed consisted of misleading images

Behind the darkness once my eyes were closed consisted of misleading images. The both of them screamed at me with words of hostility. Each individual crowded me with motives to make me fear them. It causes me to wince when I cover my ears, hoping to block out their voices. Only for them to shout one last thing and I shoot up, becoming familiar to the surroundings of light that contradicted my dream. My chest heaves up and down with every breath when I run fingers through my hair. "Fuck," I whisper, looking at the time. "Just a dream." I tell myself when I sigh deeply.

I clear my throat when I reach for my phone. When I look at the screen glow it shows the multiple notifications that came from Tori. I furrow my brows when I put in my passcode to read what they say. From Tori: Please call me back.

I begin to tap her name from the contact list to do as she says. I don't think much of it once I start to play with the duvet cover that lays upon my lap. After two rings she answers. "Sunny." She says immediately, there is an urgency to her voice that makes my heart drop.

"What's wrong?" I say without even greeting her. "You called me three times."

"I know. I just saw and I knew you had to be upset about this." Tori states. "I wanted to talk to you." Her sentences already begin to produce confusion from what she means. I look at the time again before I reply to the things she speaks about.

"Tori I don't know what you're talking about." I tell her and then silence overcomes the other end of the line. It causes everything to be in slow motion. "Tori what's wrong?" I ask again.

"Sunny you haven't seen the headlines?" She questions and it feels like my throat is closing up.

"No." I say hesitantly. "Could you just tell me?" I insist now.

"It's Harry." My stomach begins to twist in triple knots. "There's photos everywhere ... Of him with that girl. I thought you've seen them already." Once she's done talking I feel like I was back in my dream. Instead this time the nightmare had someone's hands pushing down on my chest to submerge me into the ocean. Every droplet seeps into my lungs. It's hard to fight and hurts with every breath. "Sunny, are you there?" She speaks up and I nod, although she can't see.

"I have to go." I comment and when I end the call I hear her rushed words be cut off. Right away I'm grabbing my laptop and starting to search his name through the internet. Within seconds those photos she mentioned first show up. It stays beside the words of questioning gossip websites asking what he was doing with yet another familiar girl. With every word I read it felt harder to have to breathe. I shake my head when I shut the device and stand up. Beginning to pace in the middle of my room. My teeth nibble on the nails of my fingers.

The angel and devil on my shoulder start to whisper their own opinions. The saint urges me to call him, to believe his promises of never hurting me. That there was an explanation to his actions and I should give him the chance to speak on those. While the demon laughs sinisterly in my ear. It reminds me that I was disposable, that every other moment with a person I have cared about has scarred me because of my faults. Each word makes me start to feel the lump in my throat grow. I hear the sobs pick up from the back of throat when I begin to cry.