thirty eight

"Sunny are you listening to me?"
Marina Young's POV

- make sure to read the author's note at the end my loves : ) -

It was the first of May when I sat on the couch, Mango curled on my lap when I ran fingers over his fur. Speaking to him every now and then between the movie I watched. It was a day off for me and I decided to spend it doing nothing, forcing myself to enjoy solitude. Mostly because I think I was starting to get use to it. Because I stopped thinking about him everyday, crying every night. The image of his eyes were becoming less intoxicating as I started to sober up. If only I could get the angel and devil on my shoulder to agree on that.

Because the demon was the one whispering about memories that had to do with him, reminding me the pain that still clung to me. While the saint urged me to keep moving on. I hear them when I play with the necklace he gave still around my neck, making my eyes glance down to pendent. I read over the words for the millionth time. Maybe I was going insane. "Shit." I mumble as I jump, snapping out of my thoughts when I hear my cellphone ring. I sigh softly when I reach for it as it lays beside me. My finger swipes over the screen when I answer it.

"Sunny." Elizabeth says through the line. Her voice starts the cycle again, the one where I hear his words start to repeat in my head. 'Ask Elizabeth.' "Alright I know it's a day off but something very last minute just came up. So I wanted to talk to you about it." She mentions and I nod to myself.

"Oh okay, tell me." I answer her as she starts to speak. I swallow a lump in my throat when I hear the three words. I wished that every call or meeting between Elizabeth and I wasn't plagued with the curiosity of what he had meant. And although it had been over a month since I've heard it in person, I didn't bother to question it. Part of it was because my fear of what will come out of the darkness when I do. But also because what if it hurt even more than it did now?

"Sunny are you listening to me?" Elizabeth brings me back and I shake my head, snapping myself out of it. "This is important, I wish you would stop acting like a child whenever it comes to this. You never listen to me and then I have to repeat it. It makes me crazy, Marina." She says.

Her words start to eat me up when she continues, until I furrow my brows. "Stop." I say sternly. "Stop talking." I state when I sit myself up, placing Mango down beside me. I hear her scoff.

"Excuse me?"

"I said stop talking." I repeat. "Because I have something to say now." I tell her when I stand up, trying to stick to being confident enough to stand up to her. "This thing has been on my mind and I have kept it quiet for too long." I begin as I walk around. "And I was told to ask you so,"

"What happened with Harry, Elizabeth?" I get it out, silence following when my heart beats so rapidly. Her quietness signals that it was much more complicated than I expected it to be.