thirty one

Step into the light.
Marina Young's POV

     "Sunny day is here to make the room bright

     "Sunny day is here to make the room bright." The words came from Mitch as we stepped into the studio and his vision landed on me first. "I'm gonna have to get use to seeing you a lot again." He states and I smile when we hug shortly then Mitch greets Harry. The two men start to speak to each other and I linger off to find Sarah. We share a hello as I do the same with everyone else who was in the room. Throughout the next couple of minutes, Harry goes off to speak to Jeffery about some things and I sit on the couch in the far corner of the room with Sarah.

"So I saw the photos." She brings up and when I look at her she frowns. "I'm sorry, Sunny." Sarah tells me and I shake my head when I put one leg over the other.

"It's alright." I say. "Unfortunately I'm a little use to it." I admit when I smile sadly.

"Still not right." She says. "Especially what they say about you." Sarah adds. "You're an amazing person, Sunny. I hope you know that .. And whatever they say isn't true." She explains to me.

I can't help but feel a connection to the girl beside me. Her kind grin reminds me what it was like to have people truly care about you. And it causes me to be the most grateful. "Thank you Sarah." I tell her and she shakes her head as a simper is displayed on her lips. She chuckles.

"Don't thank me." She says and right when I want to say more, Mitch and Harry come standing by us. The both of us look toward them as Harry crosses his arms and gives me a look. I smirk at the thought of his ultimatums. "What is it now?" Sarah taunts when she glances between the two men.

"Sunny promised me a song to write." Harry brings up and I fall back into my seat when I sigh deeply at those words. He smiles in victory when he sees my reaction. "So I'm waiting for that."

"Yeah, yeah." I answer when I motion my hands. "I'm using the piano. I got something in my head to start with." I say when I get myself back up and walk toward the grand piano. They all follow me as Sarah pulls up a chair, Mitch goes to grab a guitar, and Harry sits beside on the bench. "I don't know if it will sound good so bare with me." I warn before I start to play.

But Harry doesn't seem too worried when he tells me to go ahead. I take a soft breath before I start to play the sound I made up in my head. "What do you mean? I'm sorry by the way. Never coming back down." I begin to sing. "Can't you see? I could, but wouldn't stay. Wouldn't put it like that. What do you mean? I'm sorry by the way. Never coming around. Be so sweet if things just stayed the same." When I finish the words I still play and shake my head with a little smile when I can't come up with much more on my own. "La-da-da-da-da." I improvise. "That's it."

"I like it." Mitch speaks up. I thank him and I see Harry cross his arms in the corner of my eye.

"Where do you want to go with it?" He asks, when I look at him as I shrug my shoulders.