two

She waters my sunflowers.
Harry Styles' POV

       "No she's been breaking into my backyard to just water my sunflowers

"No she's been breaking into my backyard to just water my sunflowers." The sentence was definitely not something I was understanding myself when I said it as the phone was pressed to my ear. But I didn't quite expect to finally come home one day and hear the soft voice of a woman from my backyard. All I wanted to do was sit on the couch and have a moment to myself with some movies. But my motivations changed once she spoke.

"Look how healthy you're all getting." She says. "Getting so strong and beautiful." She adds when I find myself trying to peak from the window right above it without being noticed. Once I do I am met with the vision of a girl with dark hair up to her shoulders. She crouches down in front of the flowers with one of the softest smiles. "I'll see you guys in a couple days." She says before the woman gets away silently and my gaze follows her disappear into the home beside mine.

Needless to say I was so fucking confused.

"You think it's like a fan or something?" Mitch questions on the other end when I shake my head even though he couldn't see.

"No it couldn't be." I reply. "She lives next door. Besides a fan would have definitely tried to do something more than water and talk to my plants." I explain which gets the guitarist to chuckle.

"I don't know dude, I wouldn't be surprised when it comes to fans." He says. "Maybe you're seeing shit though. You sure you haven't been high when you see this?"

"Really?" I ask in disbelief to his proposal. "This is why I don't tell you shit and you get mad at me when you found out on the spot." I say, bringing up situations where Mitch has found himself with his mouth open and eyebrows knitted.

"I'm just saying," He defends himself. "who goes to someone's house just to water their sunflowers?" My best friend was right and it was why it still led me to watching the flower tender every couple of days get to my backyard all to salvage some plants. Which also led to the spiraling obsession I was getting to try to find the time of day when she would
come.

Along with hopelessly being tormented by my mind to figure out when was also a good time to finally catch the girl in the act. I mean, how long until I have to tell her I can hire a gardener?

"So you've been letting this happen for how long?"

"Three weeks." I answer taking a sip of the water in my hand as Mitch scoffs once he sits back in his seat. "What am I suppose to say?" I ask with narrowed eyes.

"Hey weird girl who keeps breaking into my backyard, can you tell me why you keep coming here to water my sunflowers or else I'm filing a police report." He spills out in one breath. I should be agreeing with him and yet I was the one rolling my eyes.

"I'm not gonna ruin her life just because she waters some of my flowers." I conclude before Mitch raises his hand in surrender.

"Fine by me." He tells me. "But when is the right time to at least introduce yourself? It would be ideal to know the girl isn't some sociopath." His words were ringing in my head. And not because all I could think of about was the mysterious sunflower girl but also because on one specific day she stood a little longer than she normally would.

I found myself staring out the window to watch as she sat criss crossed, on the patio with delicate fingers running over the curves of the petals. I could hear her voice as the window was opened when fresh air was let in. "There are bad days right?" She questions the plants. "And there are good ones."' She pauses. "I've been having a lot of bad ones." She says and I lean in a little more to get a better hold of the way her voice sounds speaking to their sunflowers.

"But I shouldn't be right? I mean I'm doing what I've always wanted to be doing. I'm living my dreams." The girl was trying to convince the flowers and herself of all the good in her life but as her shoulders slump down a little more, it's like she couldn't even believe that either. "But why do I feel so," She stops. "Forget it. I'm talking to sunflowers, anyone hearing me now will definitely think I'm going crazy." She stands once she says that and dusts herself off. "Which is why I'll go home and talk to my bunny instead."

Needless to say the girl was more than complicated.

Even more so when the day came that it seemed the universe believed we were meant to finally cross paths. "Do you want to go outside?" I question Mitch as I search for my phone. "When I went out earlier it was beautiful." I tell him but was only answered with silence. Even though I didn't really mind when I was still looking for the device that seemed to disappear into thin air.

"Umm is that girl meant to be here?" That question stops me in my tracks once I stand up a little taller, my eyebrows furrow in utter confusion.

"Mitchell what the fuck are you on-" The lack of words coming from me was due to her presence. I, too, was asking myself if she really was finally caught. "Oh." It was only thing being able to be said aloud before the girl stands still then suddenly raises her hands in air in surrender.

"I'm not a burglar!" She shouts out. Then silence again. "I mean I'm not a murderer!" She resorts to.

"Yeah we hope not." Mitch answers back when I shove him softly on the side for his sarcasm to the girl who definitely seemed to be having anxiety eat away at her common sense.

"I'm not." She tries to convince. "I actually live next door and I know that's not an excuse to be in your backyard but I can explain myself." It was almost a plea that was laced in her tone of voice. It was also the type that seemed genuine.

"Umm you can put your hands down. We didn't call the police and we're not them either." I finally have the courage to be the one to say something. But she still stands like that for a moment longer.

"We didn't call them yet."

"I'm really sorry. I just-" The girl pauses when she wraps arms around herself like she's trying to console herself from freaking out. It makes me wish she could turn around she see that at least I didn't mean no harm. "You just had these sunflowers in your yard and I love sunflowers and I couldn't stop looking at them and," She pauses and once she does it's like she listens to my wishes as she turns. I become familiar with the girl who I have seen glimpses of.

"I just had to water them." She says. "They were dying."

And little did I know that a couple of dying sunflowers could bring some girl next door to spark infatuation once more in my life.

-

HELLLOOOOO! hi ... so ... like ... harry's pov teheh. so like i plan on it being mostly sunny's pov but i thought it would be vvv cool to find out that harry actually knew the whole time that sunny was coming over and what he thought.

so like what you think? you think harry thinks she's fucking crazy and that's why she interests him or like because like he has a ~crush~

comment teheh i love hearing what you guys think : )