twenty four

I just don't want things to ever change from what it feels like right now.
Marina Young's POV

     Making it to California was a bittersweet moment

Making it to California was a bittersweet moment. It had been four days on the road and this would have been the last day before we made it back home. I think there was an ironic sad, happiness that consumed the air as we all sat in the van. Every one of us had refused to get one second of sleep in hopes of holding onto to every moment we had left of the trip. "You know, Styles, I have to admit," Mitch begins to bring up in our conversation. "this was a good for us."

I can't help but feel a smile when I nod. "The best days." I state as Sarah nods and I look over to Harry as he grins. He uses his fingers to rub his nose a little to block his smile. Harry's dimples are still easy to spot. It makes me weak in the knees when I lean over and place a short kiss to his cheek.

"I'm glad it has been." Harry responds. "It has been for me too."

"I do have one last request though." I then speak up. "To make it a little better for the last day." I tell them and I watch as Mitch glances at me for a moment then concentrates back to driving. "Can we make a little pit spot at the beach?" I ask and I watch as they all grow a smile.

"Hell yeah." Mitch responds. I laugh a little as everyone chimes in agreeing to the idea. In the meantime Harry and I sneak off to the back of the van and I now sit criss crossed on the bed watching Harry lay down. His hand lingers on the skin of my thigh, making small shapes with his fingertip. It causes a faint grin to be placed on my lips almost permanently.

"What you thinking about amour?" I question him and he smiles as he shrugs his shoulders.

"I'm just happy." Harry tells me. "Thinking about how good these past few days have been." I can't help but nod now when suddenly the sadness of these situations start to rise in the pit of my stomach. It makes me question what's next, what's to come for the rest of days I wouldn't be watching a canyon moon with Harry or speaking about the fine lines of life. "What about you?" He then asks, Harry continues to draw little images on my skin. "What are you thinking about?"

This time I follow his movements when I shrug my shoulders as well. "Same thing sort of." I admit, then deciding to elaborate on that. "If you want me to be honest, I'm a little scared what's going to happen when we get back home." I confess and that's when I notice Harry frown.

"First off," He says. "I always want you to be honest with me." He states. "And also you don't have to be." Harry tells me. "Why do you feel scared? I don't plan on going anywhere." When Harry finishes speaking, it's harder for me to talk again. How do you tell someone that the feelings you have for them are growing by the day when you're also terrified that you might be someone they didn't want around? That simple question was what was screaming in my mind and I didn't know how to project it onto him without him fully knowing the truth.