fifteen

Can I kiss you Sunny?
Marina Young's POV

    "I refuse to those eat watermelons Harry

"I refuse to those eat watermelons Harry." I laugh, my head resting upon his lap. He holds a slice in his right hand hovering it over my face. The smell of the fruit makes me scrunch my nose when I cover my eyes. "Harry stop." I say, words mixed with giggles.

"Alright, alright." He tells me, I finally look him when I see the shadow of watermelon disappear. "I can't believe you don't like watermelons." Harry mentions when he takes a bite of the fruit for himself. He hums from the taste. "They're just as sweet as you." He slyly compliments me.

"Don't compare me to watermelon." I joke when I scoff, kind of brushing off his kind sentence. "I like to think I'm more of a tangier fruit." He's the one to chuckle now as he leans back on both of his hands now.

"Like an orange?"

"Maybe a cherry."

"Cherries are sweet." Harry states when I shake my head. I turn a little, still resting on his lap so I can move my hair out of the way. A conversation like this almost made me forget that we were in the public, surrounded by others. It was Harry's suggestion to not waste the warmth of the sun and bring out a blanket to put down over the grass in a park. Which basically turned into a picnic at this point with all the food we've consumed.

"The cherries I like aren't sweet." He furrows his brows. "Those really, bright red cherries are sour." I explain, even if he looks at me like he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"I'm not gonna argue with you." Harry announces. "Even though I think you're wrong."

He mumbled the last part and I can't help but scoff once more when I go back to looking straight up at the blue sky. It had only been decorated with the faintest of clouds. The sun stood in the middle of it. "Fine then I'll be a green apple." I suggest and when I glance at him he shakes his head.

"No it's decided already." Harry says. "You're a cherry." Harry taunts, a smirk grows on his lips.

"A sour cherry."

"A sour cherry." Harry repeats, just agreeing with me now. It makes me feel the corner of my lips grow into those smiles he always produces. "By the way I've been meaning to talk you about something." He brings up and when I look at him, I raise a brow in question.

"And what is that about?" I ask him and he shrugs his shoulders.

"It's nothing bad." He states. "It's just that you told me yesterday when we spoke that you wrote a couple of songs when we weren't talking." Harry mentions. "I wanted to hear them." He says.

I find myself becoming amused on how interested he gets when it comes to music made by me. I find it quite adorable but I wouldn't tell him that. "Funny you say that." I tell him. "I wrote one for your album." I state and sit up, removing my head from his lap as I get comfortable. I sit criss crossed across from him, Harry still stays in the same position. "Well I wrote it about you but I feel like you can use it and sort of reverse the pronouns." I explain and he looks at me with entertainment.